PDA

View Full Version : Abu Talhah Daawood Burbank (rahimahullaah) On Four Ahaadeeth In Adabul Mufrad

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
11-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
Amma-ba'd

Abu Talhah Daawood Burbank (rahimahullaah) On Four Ahaadeeth In Adabul Mufrad

In The Name of Allaah, The Most Merciful The Bestower of Mercy

Indeed, our salaf used to say: ”The Fruits of knowledge is action.”

This ustaadh and elder brother Aboo Talhah Daawood Burbank was a man who embodied what he preached. A man of noble and beautiful character, and fine manners. He (rahimahullaah) translated some ahaadeeth with some of the explanations of the scholars. Indeed, what is contained in these ahaadeeth of advice regarding decorating oneself with noble manners and fine character is what every good person will affirm and witness for this elder brother and virtuous ustaadh (may Allaah grant him and his wife mercy). Indeed, a muslim is the mirrow of another muslim and Daawood’s fine manners and noble character is something to be desired by every person whom has enabled to recognise virtue.

The salafis in the west will greatly miss this elder brother, just as we greatly miss Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah). We ask Allaah to grant us a good ending, for indeed Daawood left this world whilst seeking to fulfill one of greatest acts of worship that combines between spending one’s wealth and striving with one’s limbs (i.e the hajj). Ustaadh Abu Idrees (Chan) stated: Daawood was in Ihraam and uttering the Talbiyah on his way to Makkah.

Daawood Burbank (rahimahullaah)
EXPLANATION OF FOUR AHAADEETH FROM IMAAM AL-BUKHAAREE (Rahimahullaah) [Source:www.salafitalk.net (http://www.salafitalk.net/)]

ADABUL-MUFRAD

Translated By Dawud Aboo Talhah Ibn Ronald Burbank (May Allaah grant him and his wife His Mercy and enter them into Jannatul-Firdaws

(1) Hadeeth no. 270: From Abu Dardaa (radiyallaahu-anhu) from the Prophet (sallal-laahu-alayhi-wasallam) said: ‘’There is nothing that will be heavier upon the balance than good character.’’ [ Shaikh al-Albaanee said: Hasan: as-Saheehahý (no.876)]

Al-Haafiz Muhammad Abdur-Rahmaan al-Mubaarakfooree -rahimahullaah- (d.1353 H) said in his explanation of the Sunan of at-Tirmidhee, Tuhfatul-Ahwadhee (6/140):

As is established, everything that is hated by Allaah has no weight or value, just as everything which is beloved to Him will be something very great with Him, just as He (The Most High) said regarding the Disbelievers Soorah al-Kahf: ‘’So on the Day of Resurrection We shall give no weight to them’’ [18:105] and in the well-known hadeeth there occurs: Two sayings are light upon the tongue, heavy upon the Balance, beloved to the Most Merciful: Subhaanallaahi wa bihamdihi, Subhaanallaahil-`Azeem (How free is Allaah of all imperfections, and all praise is for Him! How free is Allaah, the Tremendous, of all imperfections!)

Shaikh `Abdul-Muhsin al-`Abbaad -hafidhahullaah- said in his taped lessons in explanation of Sunan Abee Daawood: This contains affirmation of the Balance (al-Meezaan); and that the actions of the servants will be weighed on the Day of Resurrection; and it indicates the tremendous status of good character, and its reward with Allaah -the Mighty and Majestic; and that it will be one of the heaviest things upon the Balance, when the deeds are weighed, because it is from the greatest and most excellent of deeds.

__________________________________________________ _
(2) Hadeeth no. 272 : From `Abdullaah ibn `Amr -radiyallaahu `anhumaa-: that he heard the Prophet say: Shall I inform you of the most beloved of you to me, and those who will be seated closest to me on the Day of Resurrection? So the people remained silent, so he repeated it two or three times. The people said: Yes, O Messenger of Allaah!He said: Those who are best in character. [ Shaikh al-Albaanee said: Saheeh: as-Saheehah (no.792)].

Imaam an-Nawawee -rahimahullaah- (d.676 H) said in his explanation of Saheeh Muslimý (Hadeeth no.2321): It contains an encouragement upon good character, and an explanation of the virtue of its possessor; and it is the characteristic of the Prophets of Allaah -the Most High- and His righteous and beloved servants. al-Hasan al-Basree said: The true reality of good character is: Doing good to others, withholding from harming, and having a cheerful face; and al-Qaadee `Iyaad said: It is to associate with the people in a beautiful manner, to have a cheerful face, to show love for them, to show compassion for them, to tolerate the harm they cause, to be forbearing with them, to have patience upon disagreeable things, to abandon having pride or being arrogant towards them; and to avoid harshness, anger, and taking them to account.

Imaam Ahmad ibn `Umar al-Qurtubee -rahimahullaah- (d.656 H) said in his explanation of the Abridgement of Saheeh Muslim, al-Mufhim (6/116-117): So the praiseworthy manners are the characteristics of the Prophets, the beloved and obedient servants of Allaah, and the people of virtue, such as: having patience with disagreeable things, having forbearance when treated with coarseness, bearing harm, treating the people well, showing affection towards them, hasting to carry out their needs, being merciful, compassionate, being mild when disagreeing, verifying affairs carefully, avoiding that which causes corruption and evils; and, in summary, the best of manners is that you favour others over your own self: so you treat people with justice and fairness, but you do not enforce justice and fairness for yourself; so you pardon those who wrong you, and you give to those who withhold from you
Al-Haafidh `Abdur-Ra-oof al-Munaawee -rahimahullaah- (d. 1031 H) said in Faydul-Qadeer (3/464): Yoosuf ibn Asbaat said: The sign of good character is in ten qualities: rarely arguing, treating others fairly, abandoning seeking out people’s faults, seeking to rectify and improve any evil qualities which appear, seeking excuses for people, bearing harm, blaming oneself, occupying oneself with awareness of one’s own faults and not with the faults of others, having a cheerful face, and being mild in speech.

__________________________________________________ ____
(3) Hadeeth no. 277: From Anas -radiyallaahu `anhu- who said: I served the Prophet r for ten years, and he never said Uff [1] to me, and he never said to me about anything which I had not done: Why didn’t you do it? Nor about anything which I had done: Why did you do it?! [ Saheeh: Reported by al-Bukhaaree in his Saheeh(no.6038) and by Muslim (no.2309).]

Imaam an-Nawawee -rahimahullaah- (d.676 H) said in his explanation of Saheeh Muslim: The hadeeth contains an explanation of the completeness of his r character, and the fine manner in which he treated others, and his forbearance, and how he pardoned and overlooked.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajr -rahimahullaah- (d. 852 H) said in his explanation of Saheehul-Bukhaaree, Fathul-Baaree (10/460):The point of benefit to be derived from this is leaving off rebuking for that which has been left, since one is still free to carry it out if there is a need for it; and it produces the benefit of keeping the tongue free from censuring and blaming; and it causes the mind of the servant to have amicable feelings, due to his not having been rebuked; and all of this applies in cases relating to the personýs individual rights; as for the affairs which are obligations in the Religion, then they are not overlooked, since they fall under ordering the good and forbidding the evil.

__________________________________________________ _
(4) Hadeeth no. 323: From Asmaa bint Yazeed -radiyallaahu `anhaa- that she said The Prophet said: Shall I not inform you of the best ones from amongst you? They said: Yes, indeed. He said: Those who when they are seen, then Allaah is remembered. Shall I not inform you of the worst ones from amongst you? They said: Yes, indeed. He said: Those who go about carrying tales to cause mischief between friends, those who seek harm and corruption for the innocent. [ Shaikh al-Albaanee said: Hasan]

Al-Haafiz `Abdur-Ra-oof al-Munaawee-rahimahullaah- (d. 1031 H) said in Faydul-Qadeer (3/115): (Shall I not inform you of the best ones from amongst you): i.e. those who are the best of you, O Believers. They said: Yes indeed. He said: Those who when they are seen, then Allaah is remembered. i.e. because of their behaviour and appearance, because an individual from them is sorrowful, downcast, his head is bowed, he is silent; the effect of fear is seen upon his appearance, his behaviour, his movements, his stillness, and his speech. One does not look at him except that it causes him to remember Allaah. His outward appearance is an indication of his knowledge. So these people are known through their appearance: in their calmness, their humility, and their humbleness.[1]

We ask Allaah to benefit the people with much good from the efforts of Ustaadh Daawood. We ask Him (The Most High) by His Greatest Name to bestow His Mercy upon him and his wife.
Abu Mu-aawiyyah (Abdullaah al-Gambi)

Source: http://salaficentre.com/2011/11/abu-talhah-daawood-burbank-rahimahullaah-on-four-ahaadeeth-in-adabul-mufrad/