PDA

View Full Version : Some Important Principles from Shaykh Rabee' Concerning: The Companions, May Allaah be pleased with them

Abu.Zubaydah.Yusuf
10-22-2011, 11:35 PM
There is nothing that the Muslim ummah should feel towards them except love and respect.

Allaah has praised them highly in His Book.

And He spoke about their high rank, their efforts, and the sacrifices they made with their wealth and their lives in the Cause of Allaah.

Similarly, the Messenger (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) praised them highly, both on an individual and group level.

This is such that the scholars of Islaam devoted special and close attention to their merits and qualities, writing many books concerning their virtues and special characteristics.

Furthermore, the Messenger of Allaah (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) forbade us from insulting them, saying "Do not revile my companions. For I swear by the One in whose hand my soul is, if one of you were to give in charity the likes of mount Uhud in gold, it would not equal a mudd of one of them nor even half of it." [Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim from the narration of Abu Sa'eed -May Allaah be pleased with him- ]

Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah are well aware of their position and status, and so they guard it with the strictist form of guarding.

And they forbid others from speaking vainly about what occurred between 'Alee and Mu'aawiyah (may Allaah be pleased with them both) and those who supported them from the rest of the Companions.

Rather, they assert for them the reward that is given to the mujtahids.

And they ruled that all those who spoke about them - or even about one of them - were upon deviance, misguidance and heresy.

[extracted from the book "The Methodology of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah on Criticizing Individuals, Books & Groups"- pgs 43-44 al ibaanah publishing]

[slightly modified for transcription purposes]