PDA

View Full Version : Some Ahadeeth Concerning Seeking Laylatul-Qadr (The Night Of Decree)

Abu.Lubaynah.Abdul.Ghanee
08-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Some Ahadeeth
Concerning Seeking Laylatul-Qadr
(The Night Of Decree)

Narrated Ibn Umar:

Some of the Prophet's (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) companions saw in their dreams that Laylatul-Qadr was among the last seven nights (of Ramadhaan). Hence, Allaah's Messenger (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) said, “I see that your dreams agree regarding the last seven nights. Therefore, whoever is to seek it, should do so during the last seven nights.”

[Agreed Upon]

Narrated Mu'aawiyyah Bin Abu Sufyaan:

With regard to Laylatul-Qadr, the Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) said, “It is the twenty-seventh night.”
[Reported by Abu Daawood]

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

Allaah's Messenger (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) said, “Whoever establishes the prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not to show off) then all his past sins will be forgiven.”

[B]Narrated Ubadah bin As-Saamit:

“Allah's Apostle (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) went out to inform the people about the (date of the) night of decree (Al-Qadr) but there happened a quarrel between two Muslim men. The Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) said, "I came out to inform you about (the date of) the night of Al-Qadr, but as so and so and so and so quarrelled, its knowledge was taken away (I forgot it) and maybe it was better for you. Now look for it in the 7th, the 9th and the 5th (of the last 10 nights of the month of Ramadhaan).”

[B]Narrated Abu Salamah:

Once I went to Abu- Sa'id Al-Khudri*and asked him, "Won't you come with us to the date-palm trees to have a talk?" So Abu Said went out and I asked him, "Tell me what you heard from the Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) about the Night of Qadr." Abu Said replied, "Once Allah's Apostle (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) performed I'tikaf (seclusion) on the first ten days of the month of Ramadhaan and we did the same with him. Gabriel came to him and said, 'The night you are looking for is ahead of you.' So the Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) performed the I'tikaf in the middle (second) ten days of the month of Ramadhaan and we too performed I'tikaf with him. Gabriel came to him and said, 'The night which you are looking for is ahead of you.' In the morning of the 20th of Ramadha|aan the Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) delivered a sermon saying, 'Whoever has performed I'tikaf with me should continue it. I have been shown the Night of "Qadr", but have forgotten its date, but it is in the odd nights of the last ten nights. I saw in my dream that I was prostrating in mud and water.' In those days the roof of the mosque was made of branches of date-palm trees. At that time the sky was clear and no cloud was visible, but suddenly a cloud came and it rained. The Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) led us in the prayer and I saw the traces of mud on the forehead and on the nose of Allah's Apostle. So it was the confirmation of that dream."

[B]Narrated Nafi:

Ibn 'Umar said, "In the life-time of the Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) I dreamt that a piece of silk cloth was in my hand and it flew with me to whichever part of Paradise I wanted. I also saw as if two persons (i.e. angels) came to me and wanted to take me to Hell. Then an angel met us and told me not to be afraid. He then told them to leave me. Hafsa narrated one of my dreams to the Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) and the Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) said, "Abdullaah is a good man. Would that he offer the night prayer (Tahajjud)!" So after that day 'Abdullaah (bin 'Umar) started offering Tahajjud. The companions of the Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi Wa Sallam) used to tell him their dreams that (Laila-tul-Qadr) was on the 27th of the month of Ramadhaan. The Prophet said, "I see that your dreams agree on the last ten nights of Ramadhaan and so whoever is in search of it should seek it in the last ten nights of Ramadhaan."

[B]Narrated Aa'ishah:

Allah's Apostle (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) used to practice Itikaf in the last ten nights of Ramadhaan and used to say, "Look for the Night of Qadr in the last ten nights of the month of Ramadhaan."

[B]Narrated Ibn Abbaas:

The Prophet (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam)said, "Look for the Night of Qadr in the last ten nights of Ramadhaan ,' on the night when nine or seven or five nights remain out of the last ten nights of Ramadhaan (i.e. 21, 23, 25, respectively)."

[B]Narrated Ibn Abbaas:

Allah's Apostle (SallAllaahu alayhi was-Sallam) said, "The Night of Qadr is in the last ten nights of the month (Ramadhaan), either on the first nine or in the last (remaining) seven nights (of Ramadhaan)." Ibn 'Abbas added, "Search for it on the twenty-fourth (of Ramadhaan)."

[B]P.s As a side note, it should be stressed:

1. That a New Day is calculated by the Setting of The Sun i.e Maghrib.
2. Consequently the Night actually precedes the Day.
3. So when seeking Laylatul-Qadr on the Odd Nights it should be sought according to when the Night commences i.e Maghrib.

We see the majority of Muslims who seek Laylatul-Qadr actually seeking it on EVEN nights as they follow the Western method of when the New Day begins. That which is well known as that, Salaah At-Taraaweh commences in the night which is prior to the initial day of fasting. Subsequently, the 1st Day Of Ramadhaan began on the 1st Night of Salaah At-Tareeweh.

If there is anyone who can correct, amend or deliver with better clarity the above note then please do so. BaarakAllaahu feekum

Abu.Lubaynah.Abdul.Ghanee
08-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Raise

Due to it being the last 10 days