PDA

View Full Version : PROLONGING THE DUAA OF QUNOOT - Shaikh Muqbil ibn Haadee al-Waadi`ee

Safdar.Khan
07-24-2011, 05:19 PM
PROLONGING THE DUAA OF QUNOOT (Translated by Dawud Burbank)

Shaikh Muqbil ibn Haadee al-Waadi`ee was asked:

What is the ruling on the duaa in the Taraaweeh Prayer, and what is the authenticity of the hadeeth for raising the hands in the Witr Prayer- along with a mention of the evidence?

The response:
As for duaa in the Taraaweeh Prayer, lengthening it as is done, then that is an innovation, an innovation, an innovation (bid'ah, bid'ah, bid'ah). The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه و سلّم) taught al-Hasan to say:

((اللّهمَّ اهْدِنيِ فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ، وَعافِنِي فِيمَنْ عافَيْتَ، وَتَوَلَّنيِ فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ، وَبارِكْ لِي فِيما أَعْطَيْتَ، وَقِنيِ شَرَّ ما قَضَيْتَ، إنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلا يُقْضٰى عَلَيْكَ، وَإِنَّهُ لا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ، وَلا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ، تَبارَكْتَ رَبَّناَ وَتَعَالَيْتَ))

Allaahummahdinee feeman hadayta, wa aafinee feeman aafayta, wa tawallanee feeman tawallayta, wa baarik lee feemaa atayta, wa qinee sharra maa qadayta, fa innaka taqdee wa laa yuqdaa alaika, wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayta, wa laa ya`izzu man aadayta, tabaarakta Rabbanaa wa ta`aalayta.

(O Allaah! Continually guide me and make me amongst those whom You have guided; and make me one of those whom You save and make secure from all evils; and make me one of those whom You love, and whose affairs You take care of; and grant me blessings in all that You have given me; and save ne from the evil of what You have decreed; for You alone decree, and none can contradict Your Decree. None can humiliate those whom You have befriended, and those who are enemies to You will never have dignity and honour. Exalted are You, O Allaah, and Supreme.)

Likewise what occurs in the Haramayn (i.e.Makkah and al-Madeenah) with regard to prolonging that, then it is not legislated; and the best way is the way of Muhammad (صلّى الله عليه و سلّم).

As for raising the hands, then it is reported by way of Abdullaah ibn Naafi ibn Abil-Amyaa, and he is weak (daeef); and it occurs in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad as a hadeeth of Anas, and its basis occurs in the two
Saheehs, but it does not mention raising the hands, so we are in doubt as to its establishment; so raising the hands in the du`aa of Qunoot is not legislated.

[Tuhfatul-Mujeeb `alaa Asilatil-haadir wal-ghareebę(pp.137-138) of Shaikh Muqbil.]

سئل الشيخ مقبل بن هادي الوادعي : ما حكم الدعاء في صلاة التراويح،وما صحة حديث رفع اليدين في الوتر مع ذكر الأدلة ؟
الجواب: أما الدعاء في صلاة التراويح بذلك التطويل فبدعة، بدعة بدعة، والنبي صلى الله عليه وعلى آله وسلم علّم الحسن أن يقول: ((اللّهمّ اهدني فيمن هديت، وعافني فيمن عافيت، وتولّني فيمن تولّيت، وبارك لي فيما أعطيت، وقني شرّ ما قضيت، إنّك تقضي ولا يقضى عليك، وإنّه لا يذلّ من واليت، ولا يعزّ من عاديت، تباركت ربّنا وتعاليت)). وكذا ما يحدث في الحرمين من ذلك التطويل فليس مشروعًا، وخير الهدي هدي محمد صلى الله عليه وعلى آله وسلم .
أما رفع اليدين فإنه من طريق: عبدالله بن نافع بن أبي العمياء، وهو ضعيف. وجاء في "مسند الإمام أحمد" من حديث أنس ولكن أصله في "الصحيحين" وليس فيه رفع اليدين، فنحن في شكّ من ثبوتها. فرفع اليدين في دعاء القنوت ليس بمشروع.
(تحفة المجيب على أسئلة الحاضر و الغريب:ص138-137 )

Umm.Musa.bint.Muhammad
07-26-2011, 02:35 AM
also see :

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=24&Topic=11451&sortby=desc