PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh 'Abdullaah al-Bukhaaree: al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel is from the Swords of Islaam

SunnahPublishing.Net
07-18-2011, 01:27 AM
http://www.salafitalk.com/images/misc/bism.gif
http://www.salafitalk.net/st/images/introdua1.gif
The Science of al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel is
From the Swords of Islaam

All praise is for Allaah, and may His salutations and prayers be upon our prophet Muhammad, his Family, Companions and followers, as to proceed:

So we find in these recent days those who speak unjustly against the principles of al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel, those who claim that these principles will not benefit the likes of the common folk and they claim that speaking about al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel in front of the common folk was not from the way of our Imaams from the Salaf. And the only goal of these sad individuals is to try to invent false principles, so that they may protect themselves and their beloved ones who have with them hizbiyyah (partisanship), and talawwun (shiftiness). So these principles of al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel, which were well known to the Imaams of our Ummah, render these bankrupt individuals sleepless, trying everything in their power to change these principles by which Allaah the Mighty and Majestic preserved this Religion. And due to what we have seen from these false principles being spread, we saw fit to participate with our brothers for the sake of Allaah who have taken upon themselves the task of changing these munkaraat (evils) which are being spread amongst the ranks of the Salafees by translating some statements of the people of knowledge. And this particular discussion shows that al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel renders the people sleepless due to it distinguishing the people of truth from the people of falsehood. So we leave you to the following translation, and with Allaah is the success.

Anwar Ibn 'Aarif Wright

The Noble Shaykh, 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Raheem al-Bukhaaree - may Allaah preserve him - was asked,

O Shaykh, in 'Iraaq you find those who stir up controversy regarding the principles of al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel and they say that the science of al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel is from the aspect of ijithaad (independent reasoning) and it is not from the aspect of (refuting) mistakes (that people make). We would like some details regarding this issue.

So the noble Shaykh answered,

By Allaah, we have spoke regarding this issue many times in our lessons explaining the book, ad-Dawaabit lil-Jarh wat-Ta'deel, and perhaps it was a long lesson surrounding the refutation of the likes of these doubts.

Then I ask: Are those who speak regarding this issue from those who are qualified to speak about this? Are they from those who have grounded knowledge in this topic? Those who are not firmly grounded in this subject and those who do not have knowledge about it, we say regarding them the famous Arabic proverb, “This is not your nest so depart.' (i.e. This is not your subject area so do not enter it!!!)

Secondly: If he is from the people who are qualified to speak in this topic and has knowledge of it, I do not think he would say this statement to use it to stir up controversy amongst the people of the truth. This is because the science of al-Jarh wat-Ta'deel is an unsheathed sword upon the necks of the opposition, and it is from the swords of Islaam!

I say: It is from the swords of Islaam: distinguishing the one who erred from the one who is correct, the trustworthy from other than him, the Sunnee from the Khalafee. Due to this, it (i.e. this science) renders the people sleepless due to what is in it from distinguishing the people of truth from the people of falsehood, the one incorrect from the one who is correct and other than that.

And even if we say in the outset, that yes it is built upon ijtihaad, however what do they want by this (i.e. their statement)? Do they want by their statement to reject this science? To reject the correct results that stem from this science? To reject that this science be an unsheathed sword upon the necks of the people of desires? Who said this (statement)?

Then (we say) - maashaa` Allaahu tabaarakar-Rahmaan - what is this fiqh (understanding) that they come up with now and has been hidden from the Imaams of the Sunnah? I say (again) what is this fiqh that Allaah has singled out only for them, so they set out to clarify it and it has slipped passed the Imaams of the Sunnah, up until these boasters and braggarts have come, who are not even from those who are qualified to speak about this subject in the first place?!

Also, just as was stated by al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr (d.852H), "Whosoever speaks in other than their area, there will occur from them strange things!" And how many are the strange affairs (that occur) from those who speak in this subject. In any case, I direct you all to what I mentioned about this issue in my explanation of ad-Dawaabit." End of Shaykh 'Abdullaah's words.

SOURCE: http://www.sunnahpublishing.net/audio/bukharijarhtadeel.mp3

Note: This was taken from a lecture of Shaykh 'Abdullaah al-Bukhaaree entitled, as-Sidq fee Ittibaa'is-Sunnah, a manhaj related admonition he delivered to some of the youth from al-'Iraaq on Saturday night, the 12th of Jumaadaa al-Oolaa, 1432H at Masjid Qubaa in al-Madeenah.

http://www.sunnahpublishing.net/images/sunnahpublishing logo.png