PDA

View Full Version : Whoever Does not Supplicate to Allaah, then Allaah is Angry with him

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
06-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Whoever Does not Supplicate to Allaah, then Allaah is Angry with him

Taken from
Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah

By
Shaykh Muhadith Nasir as-Sunnah
Muhammad Nasir- Deen Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

No. 2654 - From Abu Hurairah from the Messenger-sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-:

‘Whoever does not supplicate (make Dua’) to Allaah, then Allaah is angry with him.’

Collected by Bukhari in ‘Adab al-Mufrad’, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, al-Hakim, Ahmad, Ibn Abi Shaybah, al-Bayhaqi in ‘ash-Shawba’ and by Tabaraani. Albani declared it Hasan.

Shaykh Albaani brought a supporting hadeeth from an-Nu’maan –RadhiAllaahu anhu, the wording of which was: ‘Dua’ is worship’ then the Messenger-sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-: recited:

<< And your Lord said: ‘Call on Me, (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness,] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!>>

Collected by the collectors of the Sunnan and by other than them. Ibn Hibban, al-Hakim and Dhahabi authenticated it, as well as others.

It is researched in ‘Ahkaam al-Janaiz’, ‘Saheeh Abi Dawood’ and in ‘Rowda al-Nadeer’.

Shaykh Albaani comments:

‘And there is no doubt that staying away from Allaah’s -Ta’ala- worship due to arrogance and not making Dua’ to Him necessitates Allaah’s anger upon the one who does not make Dua’ to Him. This hadeeth [of Nu’maan] is a strong support for the hadeeth of Abu Hurairah due its meaning and not from its chain.

Some of the ignorant Soofis have neglected these Ahadeeth or have pretended to neglect them. They claim that making Dua’ to Allaah is inappropriate behaviour with Allaah, they have become affected with an Israeeli narration:

‘His knowledge of my condition spares me from asking from Him.’

So they were ignorant that when the slave of Allaah makes Dua’ to His Lord –Ta’ala- it is not the case that the slave of Allaah is informing Allaah –Subhanahu wa Ta’ala – his need of Him << He knows what is kept secret and that which is yet more hidden. >> rather it is the act of actualization of the Uboodeeyah of Allaah (servitude of worship) and the slave of Allaah’s need of Him and his own impoverishment.

[Taken from ‘Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah’ vol.6 Hadeeth no. 2654 p.323-326]