PDA

View Full Version : O Muslims: Do not be deceived by lies, false claims, plots, deceptions of People of Bid'ah and Desires!

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
06-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
Amma ba'd

O Muslims: Do not be deceived by lies, false claims, plots, deceptions of People of Bid'ah and Desires!

Allaah says (what means): O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth. He will direct you to do righteous good deeds and will forgive you your sins... (Al-Ahzab, ayat 70-71)

And Allaah says: O you who believe! Fear Allaah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds). (At-Tawbah, ayah 119)

And Allaah says: Among the believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allaah... (Al-Ahzab, ayah 23)

The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: He who deceives (cheats) is not of me. [Muslim]

Shaikh Zayd bin Muhammad bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) wrote: "Allaah raised and has raised and will raise in every time those who defend the true religion and defend the Sunnah of the greatest and best and most generous of the Prophets (Muhammad, salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), and uncover bid'ah and the plotting of the Innovators and the deception of the deviants, so that no one will be deluded by them and so that those who don't have much fiqh in Deen will not be misled by these deviants." [From the shaikh's introduction to the book The Agreement among the scholars upon Boycotting and Warning against Ahlul Bid'ah, as relayed by Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah)]

Shaikh Rabee' bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) wrote: "Today, there are new tricks, new methods of leading the people astray. In the past, one could not get Ahlul Bid'ah confused with Ahlus-Sunnah. They were distinguished. Yet their evil was lighter than it is today, and it was relative. But in our time, the people of bid'ah have been able with their plotting and planning and strategies to enter into the ranks of Ahlus-Sunnah. Rather, they have been able to get right into the center of them and be amongst them, mixed with them. And this had a great and evil effect, especially upon the youth, those who have been taught some things. In particular, the youth in the universities and even the houses and markets. And this is because Ahlul-Bid'ah were able to present themselves as Ahlus-Sunnah and mix with the people of the Sunnah, and not be distinguished, and therefore they were able to relay and convey their poison.

They came with new methods and methodologies and principles; all these methods and principles were to make the haqq look like the baatil, and to make baatil look like the haqq. It's all Talbees (deception). Deception. It was used to humiliate, put down and eradicate the truth, and to destroy the people of the truth. And to raise the position of the people of ahwaa` (desires). So they came up with principles by way of their strategies, plans." [From the shaikh's introduction to the book The Agreement among the scholars upon Boycotting and Warning against Ahlul Bid'ah, as relayed by Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah)]

Table of Contents

Introduction, including scholarly statements given by Shaikh Muhammad Nasir-ud-Deen al-Albanee (rahimahullaah), Shaikh Rabee' bin Hadee al-Madkhalee, Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan, and Shaikh Zayd bin Muhammad bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahumullaah)

Part 1: The Connection of Lying and Deceit to Hypocrisy, Kufr, and Bid'ah, and ultimately the Hellfire, via:

a- The Qur`an
b- The Sunnah
c- The Statements of the Salaf
d- The Statements of Scholars who followed/follow the Salaf

Part 2: Some of the The Deviant Groups today who are upon deceit and some of their deceptional claims, and refutation of those claims:

a- Khawaarij (Ikhwanul Muslimeen, Hizb Tahreer, Qutbiyah, Surooris)
b- Rafidah
c- Soofees
d- others, such as the Ash'arees

Conclusion, including advices by Imam al-Awza'ee (rahimahullaah) and Shaikh Saalih as-Suhaimee (hafidhahullaah)

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
07-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Introduction:

Allaah commanded that He be singled out in worship - and in every matter specific to Him (His Lordship, and His Beautiful Names and Perfect Attributes) - and commanded this nation to take Prophet Muhammad (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) as an example in how to believe, what methodology to traverse, how to worship Allaah, how to interact with the creation, and even how to appear and dress, and answer the call of nature.

Allaah, The Most High, said: I did not create mankind and jinn except to worship Me alone. (Adh-Dhariyaat, ayah 56)

Allaah, The Exalted, said: Indeed in the Messenger of Allaah (Muhammad, salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allaah and the Last Day and remembers Allaah much. (Al-Ahzab, ayah 21)

Allaah, The All-Knowing, All-Wise, said: We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered. (Al-An'aam, ayah 38)

And Allaah perfected and completed our religion for us:

...This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion... (Al-Ma`idah, ayah 3)

This is why it is authentically reported upon the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) from numerous paths of narration that he said: I have not left anything that will bring you closer to Allaah, and distance you from the Hellfire except that I have commanded you with it. And I have not left anything that will bring you closer to the Hellfire, and distance you from Allaah except that I have forbade you from it.

So the truth and what is pleasing to Allaah is known and legislated, and the falsehood and what is displeasing to Allaah is known and forbidden. And to those who have fiqh of this blessed Deen, the truth is easily distinguished from falsehood.

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "...I have left you upon clear guidance (whiteness). Its night is like its day. No one deviates from it after me except that he is destroyed." [Ahmad, Ibn Maajah (no. 43) and al-Haakim. It is declared saheeh by Shaikh al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no. 937)]

This is why 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: There is no excuse for anyone going astray thinking that he is upon guidance. Nor for abandoning guidance thinking it to be misguidance, since the affairs have been made clear, the proof established and the excuse cut off. (Ibn Battah in, al-lbaantul-Kubraa, no. 162)

So the truth is clear, and due to this Imam as-Sa'dee (rahimahullaah) said that the deviance of people is not because of a lack of clarity of the truth that Allaah revealed, but rather it is due to the disbelief itself of the deviant. (The Tree of Faith)

All that is upon us is to follow and not introduce new matters into the religion: 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: "Follow and do not innovate. You have been sufficed, and every innovation is misguidance." [Reported by Abu Khaithamah in Kitaab Ul-'Ilm (no. 540)]

It is shaytan and his supporters who seek to adorn the path of error for mankind to mislead them from the Straight Path.

said: "O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all. Except Your chosen, (guided) slaves among them." (Al-Hijr, ayat 39-40)

And Allaah - The All-Wise, The Most Beneficent - warns His slaves against shaytan and his plots, and commands us to oppose and fight shaytan and his supporters, and warns us of the evil results of following shaytan.

Allaah, The Exalted, said: Those who believe, fight in the Cause of Allaah, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Taaghoot (satan, etc.). So fight you against the friends of Shaitaan (satan); Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaitan (satan). (An-Nisa, ayah 76)

O you who believe! Follow not the footsteps of Shaitaan (satan). And whosoever follows the footsteps of Shaitaan (satan), then, verily he commands Al-Fahsha` [i.e. to commit indecency (illegal sexual intercourse, etc.)], and Al-Munkar [disbelief and polytheism (i.e. to do evil and wicked deeds; to speak or to do what is forbidden in Islaam, etc.)]... (An-Nur, ayah 21)

Did I not ordain for you, O Children of Adam, that you should not worship Shaitan (Satan). Verily, he is a plain enemy to you. And that you should worship Me [alone, and do not set up rivals with Me]. That is a Straight Path. (Ya-Sin, ayat 30-31)

As for the one who adheres and clings to the Qur`an and Sunnah upon the correct understanding, he will see that the truth that Allaah revealed - the Qur`an and Sunnah - exposes falsehood.

Allaah said: And no example or similitude do they bring (to oppose or to find fault in you or in this Qur`an), but We reveal to you the truth (against that similitude or example), and the better explanation thereof. (Al-Furqan, ayah 33)

Imam as-Sa'dee pointed out: "...falsehood is unveiled via many ways, the greatest of which is the sure knowledge that it contradicts the truth. [Allaah said:] ...So after the truth, what else can there be, save error?... (Yunus, ayah 32)" (The Tree of Faith)

All praise is for Allaah, Who legislated a simple cure: hold firmly to the book of Allaah and the Sunnah, in accordance with the Prophet's statement in the farewell khutba: O people. Indeed, I have left amongst you two things. If you hold firmly to them, you will never go astray: the book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Prophet. [Al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, and Ibn 'Abdul-Barr in Jaami'ul-Bayaan]

Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albanee (rahimahullaah) said this is proof that: "The Sunnah has been protected from falling into error, and safeguarded from going astray."

This exposes the deviance of people who seek success and solutions from other than the Qur`an and the Sunnah.

Then the shaikh added this tremendous advice: "The same does not hold true for the opinions and ijtihaadat of men. Due to this, Imaam Malik (rahimahullaah) said, 'I am only a human being. I err and I am correct. So look into my opinions. So everything you find in agreement with the Book [Qur`an] and the Sunnah, then take it. And everything you find that is not in agreement with the Book [Qur`an] and the Sunnah, then leave it off.'" [Jaami'ul-Bayaan (2/32)]

The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: This Ummah will divide into 73 sects, all of them in the hellfire except one. He was asked, "Which one is that, o Messenger of Allaah?" He (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: That which I and my companions are upon. [Abu Dawud, Ibn Maajah, Ahmad, Ad-Daaramee]

Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan said: "Everyone who opposes the Jamaa'ah of Ahlus-Sunnah, then he is astray. There is no jamaa'ah according to us, except one: it is Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah [the Taa`ifatul-Mansoorah (the Victorious Group), the Firqatun-Naajiyah (Saved-Sect), Ahlul-Hadeeth, Ahlul-'Ilm (people of knowledge)]. Whatever opposes this Jamaa'ah, then it is in opposition to the manhaj of the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam). We also say, everyone who opposes Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah, then he is from the people of desires. And elements of opposition vary in ruling of them being misguided or outside of Islaam with relation to how large, small, far or near they are from the truth." [al-Ajwibatul-Mufeedah (p. 10) of Saalih al-Fawzaan, with the annotations of Jamaal al-Haarithee]

Allaah ('Azza wa Jall) said in the Qur`an: "And verily this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Muttaqoon (pious)." (Al-An'aam, ayah 153)

'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) drew a line with his hand (in the sand) and said: 'This is Allaah's path, leading straight.' He then drew lines to the right and left of that line and said, 'These are the other paths, on each path there is a devil who calls to it.' He then recited (Allaah's statement): And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path. (Al-An'aam, ayah 153)." (Al-Albanee authenticated it in his checking of Ibn Majah)

Ibnu Jareer at-Tabari reported with his chain of narration that a man asked Ibn Masood, "What is As-Sirat Al-Mustaqim (The Straight Path)?" Ibn Mas'ood replied, "Muhammad left us at its lower end and its other end is in Paradise. To the right of this Path are other paths, and to the left of it are other paths, and there are men (on these paths) calling those who pass by them. Whoever goes on the other paths will end up in the Fire. Whoever takes the Straight Path will end up in Paradise." Ibn Mas'ood then recited the ayah: And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path. (Al-An'aam, ayah 153)

Mujaahid (rahimahullaah) said: "As-Subul (the paths) means the innovations and the doubtful matters."

Shaikh al-Albanee explained: "So after the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) read this verse, he ran his finger along the straight path and said: This is the Path of Allaah. And on these paths on both sides of this Straight Path, there is a Shaytan at the head of every path calling to it.

There is no doubt that these short lines were made to represent the numerous sects and groups. Therefore, it is obligatory on every Muslim who sincerely longs to be part of The Saved Sect that he sets out to follow this Straight Path and does not turn left or right."

Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah) explained (http://attawheedwalathar.blogspot.com/2011/05/explanation-of-hadith-of-hudhaifah-bin.html):

"The Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), while explaining this ayah, drew a straight line and said: This is the path of Allaah. Then, he drew lines to the left and right (of this straight line) and said: These are the other paths, and on every path is a devil calling the people to it. (Ahmad 1/435)

This is a depiction of the callers to misguidance, their methodologies and objectives. It has been thoroughly illustrated for us that indeed whatever opposes the Straight Path is a path leading to Jahannam (hellfire). Whoever abandons the Straight Path is heading towards the Jahannam (hellfire), even if he regards himself civilized, progressive and open minded."

So, in sha` Allaah, after establishing with proofs that there is only one way to Jannah (Paradise), and many, many ways that lead to the hellfire, it is upon those with knowledge to refute falsehood so that those who are sincere and want Paradise can know the truth and follow it, and recognize the falsehood and avoid it.

And know - may Allaah protect you - that falsehood is not always going to come in the form of falsehood.

Mufaddal ibn Mahallal (rahimahullaah) said: "If the companion of the bid'ah were to speak to you about his bid'ah at the beginning of sitting with him, then you would have kept away from him and left. But he will speak to you at the beginning with the Sunnah, then he will put in you his bid'ah and your heart accepts it, so when will it leave your heart?" [Kitab ut-Tafsir, no. 3004]

Shaikh Rabee' bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) said:
And this is the state and condition of Ahlul Bid'ah, that they hide the truth. Their other deceptive path is they have something from misguidance and they mix it with something from the truth, so they can spread it without the people realizing that there is falsehood mixed in with the truth.

So you see in the Qur`an how much blaming, and warning against, and refuting [there is against] those misguided scholars of those previous nations. Why? Because they are those ones who corrupted Allaah's religion, and Ahlul Bid'ah are upon the same affair. And they also have a share of the blame that Allaah mentioned regarding those previous nations.

And the proof for this is the statement of Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam): Indeed, you shall follow in the ways of those who came before you, imitating them exactly. Even if they were to enter a lizard's hole, you would enter it also.

So Ahlul Bid'ah have fallen into this evil, and have followed the previous nations in regards to altering the meanings of text, and lying and spreading falsehood. So there is a great similarity between Ahlul Bid'ah and those people. And the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) had already informed us that they would follow them. (From Al Mawqiful Saheeh Min Ahlul Bid'ah, pg. 22-24)

If these deviant sects were to reveal their falsehood at the beginning, even the ignorant people would recognize their evil and abandon them. So these groups of bid'ah open with false claims to lure people away from what Allaah revealed to Prophet Muhammad, thus separating and weakening the Ummah. When their invitations are accepted, these groups lead astray - indoctrinate - whom they can into giving precedence to their slogans and opinions above the Qur`an and Sunnah, and the deviance grows after that.

So it is imperative that their lies be exposed and divulged, and it is essential that the taqiyah (hidden deception) of these deviant sects is uncovered so that those who are sincere and truly want guidance may know the saved sect that leads to Jannah and therefore follow it, and so those who are sincere and truly seek safety from the hellfire may know those many paths that lead astray and therefore avoid them.

As Shaikh Falah ibn Isma'eel (hafidhahullaah) recently said (http://www.salafitalk.com/threads/95-Gems-upon-Gems-from-In-Defense-of-Salafi-Manhaj-Conference): "The Religion of Allaah cannot be established except with refutations."

And from the means that Allaah (subhanahu wa ta'aala) has legislated to prevent this corruption is enjoining the good and forbidding the evil that is performed by Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jama'ah, in accordance to one’s ability.

Allaah said: Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma'roof (all that Islaam orders) and forbidding Al-Munkar (all that Islaam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful. (Aali Imran, ayah 104) Ad-Dahhak said: "They are a special group of the Companions and a special group of those after them, that is those who perform Jihad, and the scholars."

Imam Ahmad recorded that Hudhayfah bin Al-Yaman said that the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: By He in Whose Hand is my soul! You will enjoin righteousness and forbid evil, or Allaah shall send down a punishment from Him to you. Then, you will supplicate to Him, but He will not accept your supplication!

Ibn Mas'ood (radiallaahu 'anhu) narrated that the Prophet ('alayhi salaat wa salaam) said: The one who strives with his hand against those who oppose the truth, he is a believer. The one who strives with his tongue against those who oppose the truth, he is a believer. The one who strives with his heart against those who oppose the truth, he is a believer. And beyond this, there is nothing not even the weight of a mustard seed of Eeman. [Saheeh Muslim]

Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allaah said: Whoever among you witnesses an evil, let him change it with his hand. If he is unable, then let him change it with his tongue. If he is unable, then let him change it with his heart, and this is the weakest faith.

Allaah said: You [true believers in Tawheed, and true followers of Prophet Muhammad, and his Sunnah] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'roof and forbid Al-Munkar, and you believe in Allaah... (Aali Imran, ayah 110) And this is why Ahlus-Sunnah are the most merciful among the people to the people, because they enjoin what is good (the greatest good being Tawheed) and they forbid one another the evil (the great evil being shirk and then bid'ah that does not reach the level of shirk).

Shaikh Rabee' commented about the ayah (which means):

You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind. Imam al-Bukharee stated that Muhammad ibn Yusuf narrated on the authority of Sufyaan on the authority of Abu Meseerah on the authoprity of Abu Haazeem from Abu Hurairah (radiallaahu ‘anhu) that he said regarding the verse You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind: This means the best of peoples towards the people, as you bring them with chains on their necks until they embrace Islaam."

This same explanation was given by Ibn 'Abbaas (radiallaahu 'anhummaa), Mujaahid, Ikrimah, 'Atta and ar-Rabee'a ibn Anas. 'Atta al-'Awfee said: You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind. Meaning the best of peoples towards the people. And the meaning of the statement that they are the best of nations is that they are the most beneficial of the people towards the people. Because of this, it is immediately followed by: You enjoin Al-Ma'roof and forbid Al-Munkar, and you believe in Allaah." ("A LightHouse of Knowledge From a Guardian of the Sunnah," pg. 298-299)

Shaikh Rabee' added:
So I say enjoining the good and forbidding the evil is an obligation which has been prescribed upon the Ummah collectively, yet it is not permissible for anyone to abandon what he is individually capable of from fulfilling it. As turning away from such a matter that you are capable of fulfilling, inevitably and surely, only results in you earning a sin.

It is from these evidences found within the Book of Allaah, the Sunnah and the ijma' of the Muslims which indicate the obligation of enjoining the good and forbidding the evil that we derive the proof of the obligation of refuting that which conflicts with the truth." (Pg. 299)
Instead of ganging up and rallying and speaking out against the people of the Sunnah for forbidding and refuting the evil, these people would be much, much better off in speaking out against the evil itself.

Just as Allaah has promised to guard the Qur`an from corruption, likewise Allaah has preserved His religion by means of [I]at-Taa`ifatul Mansoorah (The Aided Group), in accordance with the Prophet's statement: There will never cease to be a group from my Ummah upon the truth, uppermost. They will not be harmed by those who desert them or those who oppose them, until the affair of Allaah - the Blessed and Exalted - arrives, and they are in this state.

One of the means this Aided Group uses is Al-Jarh wa-Ta'deel (the science of disparagement and praise). Shaikh Muhammad al-'Aqeel (hafidhahullaah) said (http://www.salafyink.com/aqeedah/IslaamBlessedReligion.pdf):
Al-Jarh wa-Ta'deel is the main reason for the preservation of Islaam, the knowledge of criticism and grading the narrators. Why was the Torah lost and perverted? Because there was no Jarh wa-Ta'deel... The Christians had scholars, the Jews had scholars. The one distinctive matter is Islaam's golden scale of Jarh wa-Ta'deel. Dr. Sawdha Khalaf made a comparitive study: Why was the Torah perverted? Why were the Qur`an and Sunnah the only [revelations] perserved?

Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur`an) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption). (Al-Hijr, ayah 9)

And Bukhari and Muslim; we can swear that the majority of Bukhari and Muslim is authentic. The Dr. said, "I did not find any distinctive matter except Jarh wa-Ta'deel. Their ears were like our ears, their eyes were like our eyes, they loved Islaam just as we loved it, they (also) had scholars who studied, but they had no Jarh wa-Ta'deel." [Their methodology was:] any statement, write it down, take it, accept it, write it down, take it, accept it...anything.

For this reason, may Allaah preserve you, just as Allaah preserved the Book and the Sunnah, likewise the Sunnah was preserved by means of Jarh wa Ta'deel. If each scholar's statements was accepted, there would be no religion. For this reason, the (true) scholars say, 'Whoever follows the strange allowances of the scholars will leave Islaam. If he follows every weak opinion, he will leave Islaam.' The scholar's statement - in and of itself - is not a proof.

When someone criticizes someone, compare the speech to the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah. If it's in accordance to the Book and the Sunnah, accept it, because the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) is the only one [from the creation] exempt from mistake.

Keep in mind that the religion of al-Islaam is only that which Allaah legislated. Allowing Bid'ah and innovative (false) principles, and neither forbidding them nor warning against them would result in the religion being altered, although this is the only religion that Allaah will accept on the Day of Judgement, in accordance with Allaah's statement: And whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers. (Aali 'Imran, ayah 85)

Imaam Al-Awzaa'ee (rahimahullaah) said, "When innovations emerge and the People of Knowledge do not show rejection against them, they become the sunnah ." [Tahdheeb Sharaf Ashaabul-Hadeeth of al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee]

Shaikh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said, "In fact, the kufr of Jews and Christians is because of bid'ah. They introduced new things into the religion and those things took them completely away from the true message of Musa (Moses) and 'Eesa (Jesus) 'alaihumma salam."

So from His Infinite Mercy and Wisdom, Allaah (subhanahu wa ta'aala) has preserved and aided His religion by means of [I]at-Taa`ifatul Mansoorah (The Aided Group) which will defend the religion, refute that which does not belong to the religion, not fear the blame of the blamers, and they will be unharmed by those who oppose them.

This is why Imam Sufyaan ath-Thawree (rahimahullaah) said: "The Angels guard the heavens while Ahlul-Hadeeth (People of Hadeeth) Guard the Earth." (Sharaf Ashhaab-il-Hadeeth, by Imam al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee)

And the most prominent of these guardians of the earth, the leaders of at-Taa`ifatul Mansoorah are the scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jama'ah, such as Shaikh Rabee' bin Hadee al-Madkhalee and Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan and Shaikh 'Abdul-Muhsin al-'Abbaad, and Shaikh 'Ubaid al-Jabiree and Shaikh Saalih Aali Shaikh (hafidhahumullaah), and before them Shaikh al-Albanee, Shaikh Ibn Baaz, Shaikh al-'Uthaimeen, and Shaikh Muqbil (rahimahumullaah, tracing all the way back to the Salaf (radiallaahu 'anhum).

And know - may Allaah bless you - that anyone who tries to bring a bid'ah into the Deen has accused the Deen of being incomplete and has denied the truthfulness of Allaah's statement:

...This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion... (Al-Ma`idah, ayah 3)

Imaam Maalik (rahimahullaah) said: "He who innovates an innovation in Islaam regarding it as something good, has claimed that Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) has betrayed his trust to deliver the message as Allaah says: This day, I have perfected your religion for you. And whatsoever was not part of the religion then, is not part of the religion today." [al-I'tisaam]

Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Saalih al-'Uthaimeen (rahimahullaah) said: "Therefore, the innovations in reality are indirect criticisms of the Sharee'ah, because they necessitate the implication that the Sharee'ah is incomplete and that the innovation is a more perfect form of worship to seek nearness to Allaah as the innovator claims." [Majmoo' Fataawa wa Rasaa'il - Volume Two, Number 345]

Al-Imam Ibnu Rajab (rahimahullaah) said (http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=11&Topic=11231&sortby=desc):
What compels a person to order the good and forbid the evil on one occasion is hoping for the reward from Allaah, and perhaps what may compel him to enjoin the good and forbid the evil is the fear of the punishment of Allaahu subhanahu wa ta'aala. And perhaps he will be compelled to enjoin the good and forbid the evil for being angry for the sake of Allaah, that what Allaah has made enviolable and forbidden is being committed without shyness. And perhaps a person will order the good and forbid the evil as a goodwill to the Muslims and that he has sympathy for them and what they are doing to themselves of opening themselves up to the punishment and wrath of Allaahu subhanahu wa ta'aala.

Perhaps what will compel the person to order the good and forbid the evil is that he realizes that the people in the past sacrificed their lives and their wealth to spread the Deen of Allaahu subhanahu wa ta'aala.

The foremost in enjoining the good and forbidding the evil today are the scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah - Taa`ifatul Mansoorah (The Aided Group) - and their students upon the pure Sunnah who defend the religion, refute that which does not belong to the religion, not fearing the blame of the blamers, and they will be unharmed by those who oppose them, in accordance with the Prophet's statement: There will never cease to be a group from my Ummah upon the truth, uppermost. They will not be harmed by those who desert them or those who oppose them, until the affair of Allaah - the Blessed and Exalted - arrives, and they are in this state.

So be someone who supports the genuine scholars and their true students - ya 'Abdullaah, ya Amatullaah - and be someone who relays their advices and benefits - ya 'Abdullaah, ya Amatullaah - and be someone who supports them in defending this perfect and complete religion. And do not be someone who supports those who introduce new matters.

As student of knowledge Abu Hakeem Bilal Davis said concerning the characteristics of the people in the above hadeeth:

"From their characteristics is that they defend the Religion and repel from it the false interpretations of those who are ignorant and those who fabricate and add to the religion that which is not from it.

As the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, in a hasan hadeeth by various routes: Indeed this knowledge is carried in every generation by its truthworthy ones, and they repel from it the ta`weel (false interpretations) of those who go beyond bounds, the fabrications of those who fabricate, and the distortions of the ignorant.

And the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) also said: What I fear most for my Ummah are the Imams of misguidance. It is said about them, "they are people of 'ilm (knowledge) and fihm (understanding)," but in actuality they are a people who are given to misguiding the people."

Shaikh Rabee' said (http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=9&Topic=7483):
So warning against Ahlul Bid'ah, and hating them, abandoning them, and boycotting them, this is the correct way to preserve and protect the healthy ones from Ahlus Sunnah from falling into the fitnah of Ahlul Bid'ah, or having good thoughts of them. And to have an inclination toward them is the beginning of the path to misguidance and going astray, as Allaah has warned us: And do not incline toward those who do wrong, lest the fire should touch you. (Hud, ayah 113)

And who is more wrongdoing than Ahlul Bid'ah? They are more evil than the people of sin, due to this (following) fact: One of the great scholars of Basra, Salam ibn Abu Muti', said: "It would be more beloved to me to meet Allaah with the deeds of Hajjaj than with the deeds of 'Amr ibn 'Ubaid. 'Amr ibn 'Ubaid was a devout worshipper who abstained from worldly luxuries, but he was an astray innovator. As for Hajjaj, he was a tyrannical sinner responsible for the deaths of many Muslims. So this imam preferred to meet Allaah with the deeds of the oppressive sinner. And why? Because this imam realized and understood the danger and ugliness of bid'ah. And it is sufficient for us that the Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) would describe bid'ah in all or most of his khutbas by saying it is sharrul umur, the worst of the affairs. And Bid'ah is also included in Allaah's statement: Or do they have partners with Allaah who have legislated for them a religion that Allaah has not ordained? (Ash-Shura, ayah 21)

And this is the state of the followers of Ahlul Bid'ah. No matter what type of bid'ah they're upon, the meaning of these verses apply to them. And why do they apply to them? Because they [Ahlul Bid'ah] give preferences to obeying their leaders over the obedience to Allaah and His Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam). And many of (Ahlul Bid'ah) will meet Allaah with this statement: Our Lord, verily we obeyed our leaders and our great ones; they misled us from the right way. Our Lord, double their torment and curse them with a mighty curse. (Al-Ahzab, ayah 68)

Many of those who will meet Allaah with this answer are those who follow their desires and fight the truth; they are pleased with falsehood and call to falsehood, like what we see among many of the people in these times, wearing the disguise of Islam and Salafiya (Ahlus-Sunnah), but they are the most severe in their battle against Salafiya (Ahlus-Sunnah) and its people.

Shaikh Rabee' also said (http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=12471):

So, if he [the student] does not practically implement commanding the good and forbidding the evil, especially with the people of desires, perhaps he will be entered into Allah, The Most High's, statement:

Those amongst the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Daawood (David) and Eesaa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they (the Children of Israel) disobeyed (Allah and the Messengers) and were always transgressing beyond bounds. They did not forbid one another from the evildoing which they committed. Vile indeed was that which the used to do. (al-Maa`idah, ayah 79)

If he [the student] sees that innovations are spreading, and that there are those who invite to it, and that there are those who preserve it, and that there are those who defend it, and that there are those who wage war against Ahlus-Sunnah, how is it that he is quiet [about these things]? [Shaykh Rabee's Salafee Answers on Manhaj Questions Posed by Abu Rawaahah, pg. 34, question #11]

Someone asked Shaikh Rabee': Is this hadeeth authentic, "Whoever aids falsehood while he knows (better) will be the recipient of Allaah's anger until he leaves off what was said (i.e. his aid and support of falsehood)?"

Shaikh Rabee' (hafidhahullaah) answered (http://www.salafyink.com/hadeeth/SupportingFalsehood.pdf):
From what I know this hadeeth is authentic, we ask Allaah's safety (from this). We see many people in this time who know the truth but despite this fight against it and its people, while supporting falsehood and sacrificing themselves during the process. They defend falsehood and its people (to the point) of raising them to the station of martyrs and those who fight in the cause of Allaah, so on and so forth from the exaltation they bestow upon the people of falsehood and misguidance.

By Allaah this is a dangerous matter, and thus they will be the recipients of Allaah’s anger until they leave off what was said (i.e. their aid and support of falsehood). We ask Allaah to grant us and them the success of repenting and desisting from falsehood and the aid thereof.

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
07-01-2011, 09:58 PM
CONT of Introduction

Imam Muslim recorded on the authority of 'Alee ibn Abi Talib: the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: May Allaah curse he who harbors (accommodates) an innovator (Muhdithan) and in another narration: that which is innovated (Muhdathan). As-Suyooti, in his comments of the Sunnan of Imam An-Nasa`i, said this means that the curse is upon the one who supports the one who innovates into the religion and, in the second narration, the curse is upon the one who defends and supports the bid'ah itself.

Regarding the difficulty of criticizing innovators, Ibn Taymiyyah relayed the following: "When some people said to Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (rahimahullaah) that they felt uneasy about criticizing people, he replied, 'If you remain silent and I remain silent, then who will make the ignorant person aware of the authentic from the defective?'" [Majmoo'-ul-Fataawaa of Ibn Taimiyyah (28/231)]

Warning against the innovators is better than optional fasting and praying, and making ‘itikaff. It was once said to Imam Ahmad (rahimahullaah): If a man fasts, prays, and makes ‘itikaff, is that more beloved to you or that he speaks out against innovators? He replied: If he fasts and prays and makes ‘itikaaf, then that is for himself. But if he speaks out against innovators, this is for the Muslims. This is better. [Majmoo’-ul-Fataawaa (28/231)]

Warning against the innovators is a means of seeking nearness to Allaah. Shu'bah (rahimahullaah) said: Come, let us backbite for the sake of Allaah for an hour (meaning to mention those who are criticized and those who are praised (i.e. Jarh wa Ta'deel). [Sharh 'Ilal at-Tirmidhee: 1/349, al-kifaayah: 91]

And 'Aa`ishah narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Whoever seeks to please Allaah by (doing something that is) displeasing (to) the people, Allaah becomes pleased with him and makes the people pleased with him. And whoever seeks to please the people by (doing something that is) displeasing (to) Allaah, Allaah becomes displeased with him and makes the people displeased with him. Reported by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh (1/435) and At-Tirmidhee in his Sunan (7/133) in a similar narration, both on the authority of 'Aa`ishah. Others reported it as well.

This Qudsee hadeeth was narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'eed (radiallaahu 'anhu), who said that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

Let not any one of you belittle himself. They said: O Messenger of Allaah, how can any one of us belittle himself? He said: He finds a matter concerning Allaah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it], so Allah (Mighty and Sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection: What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such? He says: [It was] out of fear of people. Then He [Allaah] says: Rather, it is I whom you should more properly fear. (It was related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities.)

From the following narration, you will see the importance of enjoining the good and forbidding the evil, and the consequences of not forbidding the evil.

Nu'man bin Bashir (radiallaahu 'anhu) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: The likeness of the man who observes the limits prescribed by Allaah and that of the man who transgresses them is like the people who get on board a ship after casting lots. Some of them are in its lower deck and some of them in its upper (deck). Those who are in its lower (deck), when they require water, go to the occupants of the upper deck, and say to them: 'If we make a hole in the bottom of the ship, we shall not harm you.' If they (the occupants of the upper deck) leave them to carry out their design, they all will be drowned. But if they do not let them go ahead (with their plan), all of them will remain safe. (Bukhari)

Commentary from Riyad-us-Saliheen: "We learn from this Hadith that the consequences of committing acts which are forbidden in Islam are not confined only to those persons who commit them, but the whole society has to suffer for them. It is, therefore, essential that the people who are in the habit of committing sinful acts and violating Divine injunctions be checked to save the whole society from destruction. If this is not done, the entire society will have to face the Divine punishment."

Imam Ahmad recorded that Umm Salamah, the Prophet's wife, said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah saying: If sins become apparent in my Ummah, Allaah will surround them with punishment from Him. I said: Oh Allaah's Messenger! Will they have righteous people among them then? He said: Yes. I asked: What will happen to them? He said: They will be striken as the people, but they will end up with Allaah's forgiveness and pleasure.

Refusing to forbid evil is cause for punishment and unanswered du'aa

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: By He in Whose Hand is my soul! You will enjoin righteousness and forbid evil, or Allaah will send a punishment on you from Him. Then, you will supplicate to Him, but He will not accept your supplication. (Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi)

Shaikh Zayd bin Muhammad bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) said:
Allaah raised and has raised and will raise in every time those who defend the true religion and defend the Sunnah of the greatest and best and most generous of the Prophets (Muhammad, salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), and uncover bid'ah and the plotting of the Innovators and the deception of the deviants, so that no one will be deluded by them and so that those who don't have much fiqh in Deen will not be misled by these deviants." [From the shaikh's introduction to the book "The Agreement among the scholars upon Boycotting and Warning against Ahlul Bid'ah," written by Abu 'Abdillaah Khaalid, as relayed by Abu Uwais (rahimahullaah)]

Shaikh Rabee', in his introduction to the same above book, wrote:
Today, there are new tricks, new methods of leading the people astray. In the past, one could not get Ahlul Bid'ah confused with Ahlus-Sunnah. They were distinguished. Yet their evil was lighter than it is today, and it was relative. But in our time, the people of bid'ah have been able with their plotting and planning and strategies to enter into the ranks of Ahlus-Sunnah. Rather, they have been able to get right into the center of them and be amongst them, mixed with them. And this had a great and evil effect, especially upon the youth, those who have been taught some things. In particular, the youth in the universities and even the houses and markets. And this is because Ahlul-Bid'ah were able to present themselves as Ahlus-Sunnah and mix with the people of the Sunnah, and not be distinguished, and therefore they were able to relay and convey their poison.

They came with new methods and methodologies and principles; all these methods and principles were to make the haqq look like the baatil, and to make baatil look like the haqq. It's all Talbees (deception). Deception. It was used to humiliate, put down and eradicate the truth, and to destroy the people of the truth. And to raise the position of the people of ahwaa` (desires). So they came up with principles by way of their strategies, plans.

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
07-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Part 1: The Connection of Lying and Deceit to Hypocrisy, Kufr, and Bid'ah, and ultimately the Hellfire, via Proofs from the Qur`an:

Allaah, Subhanahu wa Ta'aala, said (what means):

So shun the abomination (worshipping) of idol, and shun lying speech (false statements). (Al-Hajj, ayah 30)

It is only those who believe not in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah, who fabricate falsehood, and it is they who are liars. (An-Nahl, ayah 105)

In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allaah has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies. (Al-Baqarah, ayah 10)

When the hypocrites come to you (O Muhammad), they say: "We bear witness that you are indeed the Messenger of Allaah." Allaah knows that you are indeed His Messenger, and Allaah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed. (Al-Munafiqun, ayah 1)

But those who disbelieve invent lies against Allaah, and most of them have no understanding. (Al-Ma`idah, ayah 103)

And what think those who invent lies against Allaah, on the Day of Resurrection? [i.e. Do they think that they will be forgiven and excused! Nay, they will have an eternal punishment in the Fire of Hell]. Truly, Allaah is full of Bounty to mankind, but most of them are ungrateful. (Yunus, ayah 60)

And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: "This is lawful and this is forbidden," so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. (An-Nahl, ayah 116)

Verily, the Abraar (pious and righteous) will be in delight (Paradise); And verily, the Fujjaar (the wicked, disbelievers, sinners and evil-doers) will be in the blazing Fire (Hell). (Al-Infitar, ayat 13-14)

Bad statements are for bad people and bad people for bad statements. Good statements are for good people and good people for good statements... (An-Noor, ayah 26)

...If they had been true to Allaah, it would have been better for them. (Muhammad, ayah 21)

And do not mix the Truth (al-Haqq) with falsehood (baatil), and do not conceal the Truth while you know. (Al-Baqarah, ayah 42)

Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allaah in Islaam) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Tawheed), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allaah), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds)... (Al-Ahzab, ayah 35)

And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not, etc.) that of which you have no knowledge (e.g. one's saying: "I have seen," while in fact he has not seen, or "I have heard," while he has not heard). Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those you will be questioned (by Allaah). (Al-Isra`, ayah 36)

Say (O Muhammad): "(But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al­Fawaahish (great evil sins, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allaah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allaah of which you have no knowledge." (Al-A'raf, ayah 33)

And those who do not witness falsehood (false testimony), and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass by it with dignity. (Al-Furqan, ayah 72)

If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and those who spread false news among the people in Al-­Madinah, cease not, We shall certainly let you overpower them, then they will not be able to stay in it as your neighbours but a little while. (Al-Ahzab, ayah 60)

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear on themselves the crime of slander and plain sin. (Al-Ahzab, ayah 58)

And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against Allaah or rejects His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, revelations, etc.)? Verily, the Dhaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) shall never be successful. (Al-An'aam, ayah 21)

That is because they believed, then disbelieved, therefore their hearts are sealed, so they understand not. (Al-Munafiqun, ayah 3)

Then who does more wrong than one who invents a lie against Allaah, to lead mankind astray without knowledge. Certainly Allaah guides not the people who are Dhaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)." (Al-An'aam, ayah 144)

They have made their oaths a screen (for their hypocrisy). Thus they hinder (men) from the Path of Allaah. Verily, evil is what they used to do. (Al-Munafiqun, ayah 2)

On the Day when Allaah will resurrect them all together (for their account), then they will swear to Him as they swear to you (O Muslims). And they think that they have something (to stand upon). Verily, they are liars! (Al-Mujadilah, ayah 18)

They swear by Allaah that they are truly of you while they are not of you, but they are a people (hypocrites) who are afraid (that you may kill them). (At-Tawbah, ayah 56)

They will swear by Allaah to you (Muslims) when you return to them, that you may turn away from them. So turn away from them. Surely, they are Rijsun [i.e. Najasun (impure) because of their evil deeds], and Hell is their dwelling place - a recompense for that which they used to earn. They (the hypocrites) swear to you (Muslims) that you may be pleased with them, but if you are pleased with them, certainly Allaah is not pleased with the people who are Al-Faasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allaah). (At-Tawbah, ayat 95-96)

Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allaah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salaat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allaah but little. (An-Nisa, ayah 142)

So who does more wrong than he who forges a lie against Allaah or denies His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)? Surely, the Mujrimoon (criminals, sinners, disbelievers and polytheists) will never be successful! (Yunus, ayah 17)

And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against Allaah. Such will be brought before their Lord, and the witnesses will say, "These are the ones who lied against their Lord!" No doubt! the curse of Allaah is on the Dhaalimoon (polytheists, wrong-doers, oppressors, etc.). (Hud, ayah 18)

And so We have appointed for every Prophet enemies - Shayaatin (devils) among mankind and jinns - inspiring one another with adorned speech as a delusion (or by way of deception). If your Lord had so willed, they would not have done it, so leave them alone with their fabrications. (Al-An'aam, ayah 112)

Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it). (Qaaf, ayah 18)

Verily, your Lord is Ever Watchful (over them). (Al-Fajr, ayah 14)

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
07-06-2011, 10:17 PM
The Connection of Lying and Deceit to Hypocrisy, Kufr, and Bid'ah, and ultimately the Hellfire, via Proofs from the Sunnah (ahadeeth):

The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: He who deceives (cheats) is not of me. [Muslim]

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: The signs of the hypocrite are three: when he speaks he lies; when he makes an oath he breaks it; and when he is entrusted with something, he betrays that trust.

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. And a man keeps on telling the truth until he becomes a truthful person (Siddiq). Falsehood leads to Al-Fajur (i.e. wickedness, evil-doing), and Al-Fajur (wickedness) leads to the (Hell) Fire, and a man may keep on telling lies till he is written before Allaah, as a liar (Kadhdhaab).

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: It is upon you to be truthful, be truthful, for indeed truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to the Jannah, and a person will continue to tell the truth and to be conscious about telling the truth until he will be written with Allaah as a siddiq – an extremely truthful person.

The following is from Riyad-us-Saliheen:

Siddiq (veracious) and Kadhdhab (liar) both are adjectives of intensive degree. That is to say, the words stand respectively for someone whose truth has become his second nature; and in the opposite case, one is a liar who is in the habit of telling lies. As one acquires a reputation in this world for his good or bad deeds similar is his position before Allaah. One who is ranked among the truthful with Him is entitled to reward, and if one is a liar, he has to suffer retribution for it. This [above] Hadeeth provides incentive for truthfulness because it is a source of every good deed and contains a warning against lying as it gives rise to all kinds of mischief.

The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: [B]Hold on to truth, for being truthful leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise. Verily, a man will keep saying the truth and striving for truth, until he is written before Allaah as very truthful (Siddiq). Beware of lying, for lying leads to sin, and sin leads to the Fire. Verily, the man will keep lying and striving for falsehood until he is written before Allaah as a great liar.

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: [B]Truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness lead to the Paradise. And lying leads to corruption, and corruption leads to the hellfire.

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Woe to the one who speaks and lies in order to make people laugh. Woe to him. Woe to him! [Hasan hadeeth, reported by al-Haakim (1/46), Ahmad (5/3-5), and at-Tirmidhee (2315)]

The Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: ...I guarantee a house in the middle of Paradise for the one who leaves off lying even when joking... [Abu Dawood]

'Alee ibn Abi Talib (radiallaahu 'anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Do not lie on me. For whoever lies upon me will surely enter into the hellfire.

Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu 'anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: [B]Whoever lies upon me intentionally, then let him take his seat in the hellfire.

Al-Mugheerah (radiallaahu 'anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: [B]Indeed lying upon me is not like lying upon anyone else. Whoever lies upon me intentionally, then let him take his seat in the hell-fire.

On the authority of Sumarah bin Jundub and Al-Mugheerah bin Shu'bah (radiallaahu 'anhum) said that the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: [B]Whoever narrates upon me a Hadeeth while he knows it to be a lie, then he is one of the liars. [Reported by Muslim in Al-Muqaddimah (pg. 9), and at-Tirmidhee (5/32, no. 2662)]

Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu 'anhu) reported that the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: A man may utter a word pleasing to Allaah without considering it of any significance, but for which Allaah elevates his ranks (in Paradise); another one may speak a word displeasing to Allaah without considering it of any importance, but for which he would be plummeted into Hell.

Abu Sa'eed al-Khudree (radiallaahu 'anhu) narrated: [B]When the son of Aadam wakes up in the morning, all of his limbs curse the tongue saying, 'Fear Allaah regarding us, for we are dependent on you; if you are upright and steadfast we are upright and steadfast, but if you are crooked then we are crooked." [At-Tirmidhee]

When 'Abdullaah bin Salam (radiallaahu 'anhu) heard the arrival of the Prophet at Madina, he came to him and said, "I am going to ask you about three things which nobody knows except a prophet: What is the first portent of the Hour? What will be the first meal taken by the people of Paradise? Why does a child resemble its father, and why does it resemble its maternal uncle?" Allaah's Messenger said, "Jibreel has just now told me of their answers." 'Abdullaah said, "He (i.e. Jibreel), from amongst all the angels, is the enemy of the Jews." Allaah's Messenger said: The first portent of the Hour will be a fire that will bring together the people from the east to the west; the first meal of the people of Paradise will be Extra-lobe (caudate lobe) of fish-liver. As for the resemblance of the child to its parents: If a man has sexual intercourse with his wife and gets discharge first, the child will resemble the father, and if the woman gets discharge first, the child will resemble her. On that 'Abdullaah bin Salam said, "I testify that you are the Messenger of Allaah." 'Abdullaah bin Salam further said, "O Allaah's Messenger! The Jews are liars, and if they should come to know about my conversion to Islaam before you ask them (about me), they would tell a lie about me." The Jews came to Allaah's Messenger and 'Abdullaah went inside the house. Allaah's Messenger asked (the Jews), "What kind of man is 'Abdullah bin Salam amongst you?" They replied, "He is the most learned person amongst us, and the best amongst us, and the son of the best amongst us." Allaah's Messenger said, "What do you think if he embraces Islam (will you do as he does)?" The Jews said, "May Allaah save him from it." Then 'Abdullaah bin Salam came out in front of them saying, "I testify that None has the right to be worshipped but Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah." Thereupon they said, "He is the evilest among us, and the son of the evilest amongst us," and continued talking badly of him.

On the authority of Anas (radiallaahu 'anhu): The Prophet said: [B]No prophet was sent but that he warned his followers against the one-eyed liar (Ad-Dajjal). Beware! He is blind in one eye, and your Lord is not so, and there will be written between his (Ad-Dajjal's) eyes (the word) 'Kafir' (i.e., disbeliever).

On the authority of Samura bin Jundub, the Prophet (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "I saw (in a dream), two men came to me." Then the Prophet narrated the story (saying), "They said, 'The person, the one whose cheek you saw being torn away (from the mouth to the ear) was a liar and used to tell lies and the people would report those lies on his authority till they spread all over the world. So he will be punished like that till the Day of Resurrection."'

Narrated by Abu Huraira (radiallaahu 'anhu): Allaah 's Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing of the foodstuff. I caught him and said, "I will take you to Allaah's Messenger!" Then Abu Huraira described the whole narration and said:) That person said (to me), "(Please don't take me to Allaah's Messenger and I will tell you a few words by which Allaah will benefit you.) When you go to your bed, recite Ayat-al-Kursi, for then there will be a guard from Allaah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn." (When the Prophet heard the story) he said (to me), "[B]He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar; and it was Satan."

Hudhaifa ibn Yaman (radiallaahau 'anhu) said: There is nothing that prevented me from witnessing the Battling of Badr except that I and Abu Hafeedh went out and we were taken by the Quraish, so they said, 'It's Muhammad that you want [to go to].' So we said, 'We don't want [to go to] him; we just want to go to Madinah.' So then they took a covenant with us, by Allaah, that we will only go to Madinah and that we will not fight alongside him. So we went to the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and he said, "[B]The two of you have to go; you can't fight." [Muslim]

Mu'aadh ibn Jabal (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) asked the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) about the deed which will cause him to enter Paradise and make him far and remote from the Fire, so he [the Prophet] informed him of the head of the matter, its [main] pillar, and apex, and then said: [B]Shall I not inform you of what controls all of this? He replied, 'Certainly, O Messenger of Allaah.' He took hold of his tongue and said: Keep this in control. He then asked, "Shall we be held accountable for what we say?" He said: May your mother be bereaved of you, O Mu'aadh. Is there anything that will cause the people to be thrown on their faces - or he said on their noses - except that which their tongues reap?! [At-Tirmidhee]

Hakim bin Hizam (radiallaahu 'anhu) reported that: Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: [B]Both parties in a business transaction have a right to annul it so long as they have not separated; and if they tell the truth and make everything clear to each other (i.e., the seller and the buyer speak the truth, the seller with regard to what is purchased, and the buyer with regard to the money) they will be blessed in their transaction, but if they conceal anything and lie, the blessing on their transaction will be eliminated. [Al-Bukharee and Muslim].

On the authority of 'Aa`isha (radiallaahu 'anha): The Prophet said: While the angels talk amidst the clouds about things that are going to happen on earth, the devils hear a word of what they say and pour it in the ears of a soothsayer as one pours something in a bottle, and they add one hundred lies to that (one word).

On the authority of 'Aa`isha (radiallaahu 'anha): Some people asked Allaah's Messenger about the fore-tellers. He said: They are nothing (i.e. liars). They said, 'O Allaah's Messenger! Sometimes they tell us of a thing which turns out to be true." Allaah's Messenger said: A Jinn snatches that true word and pours it into the ear of his friend (the fore-teller) (as one puts something into a bottle). The foreteller then mixes with that word one hundred[B] lies.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radiallaahu 'anhu): Allaah's Prophet said: When Allaah decrees some order in the heaven, the angels flutter their wings indicating complete surrender to His saying (a fluttering) which sounds like chains being dragged on rock. And when the state of fear disappears, they ask each other: "[B]What has your Lord ordered? They say that He has said that which is true and just, and He is the Most High, the Most Great." (Saba', ayah 23). Then the stealthy listeners (devils) hear this order, and these stealthy listeners are like this, one over the other." [Sufyan, a sub-narrator demonstrated that by holding his hand upright and separating the fingers.] A stealthy listener hears a word which he will convey to that which is below him and the second will convey it to that which is below him till the last of them will convey it to the wizard or foreteller. Sometimes a flame (fire) may strike the devil before he can convey it, and sometimes he may convey it before the flame (fire) strikes him, whereupon the wizard adds to that word a hundred lies. The people will then say, 'Didn't he (i.e. magician) tell such-and-such a thing on such-and-such date?' So that magician is said to have told the truth because of the Statement which has been heard from the heavens."

Abu Bakrah (radiallaahu 'amhu) reported: The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "[B]Shall I not inform you of one of the gravest of the major sins?" We said: "Yes, O Messenger of Allaah!'' He (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "[B]To join others as partners with Allaah in worship and to be undutiful to one's parents." The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) sat up from his reclining position (in order to stress the importance of what he was going to say) and added, "I warn you making a false statement and giving a false testimony. I warn you against making a false statement and giving a false testimony." The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) kept on repeating this (warning) till we wished he should stop. [Al-Bukharee and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (radiallaahu 'anhu) said: The Messenger of Allah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Do not practise Najsh (to cheat)." [Muslim].

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
The Connection of Lying and Deceit to Hypocrisy, Kufr, and Bid'ah, and ultimately the Hellfire, via Proofs from the Salaf:

'Aa`ishah (radiallaahu 'anha) said: There was no trait more hated to the Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) than lying. (Ahmad; authenticated by Al-Albanee: no. 2052 in As-Silsilah)

On the authority of 'Abdullah bin Kab (radiallaahu 'anhu): ...Since I have mentioned that truth to Allaah's Messenger till today, I have never intended to tell a lie. I hope that Allaah will also save me (from telling lies) the rest of my life. So Allaah revealed to His Messenger the Verse: Allaah has forgiven the Prophet, the Muhajiroon (up to His Saying) And be with those who are true (in words and deeds). (At-Tawbah, ayat 117-119)

By Allaah, Allaah has never bestowed upon me, apart from His guiding me to Islaam, a Greater blessing than the fact that I did not tell a lie to Allaah's Messenger which would have caused me to perish as those who have told a lie perished, for Allaah described those who told lies with the worst description He ever attributed to anybody else. Allaah said: They (i.e. the hypocrites) will swear by Allaah to you when you return to them (up to His Saying) Certainly Allaah is not pleased with the rebellious people. (At-Tawbah, ayat 95-96)...
Why did Allaah reveal the hypocrites' characteristics, many of which can be found in Surat al-Baqara, Surat at-Tawbah and Surat al-Munaafiqqoon? So that the believers would not be deceived by the hypocrites' outer appearance.

It is reported from Al-Hasan Al-Basree (rahimahullaah) that he said: ...The root of al-nifaaq (hypocrisy) is lying. [Abu Bakr Al-Kharaa`itee, Masaawee Al-Akhlaaq wa Madhmoomihaa, p.62]

Imaam Al-Awzee'ee (d. 157H) wrote: For verily, the followers of Bid'ah are all falsifiers and liars, neither are they careful nor do they fear and protect [against wrongdoing], and nor are they to be trusted to not distort what you hear. They say what they know not when criticizing and decrying or when affirming their lies. Taareekh Dimishq 6:361, 362.]

It is related by Aboo Nu'aym in Al-Hilyah (4/36-37) that Wahb Ibn Munabbih Ibn Kaamil al-Yamaanee as-San'aanee (rahimahullah) said, advising with regards to beautiful characteristics:

...And he (the one with beautiful characteristics) does not seek assistance against anything through lies, for indeed lies in speech is like rotting piece of wood, which looks good on the outside, but is rotting inside. And so being deceived by it, someone may think it can be used to carry things , until it is broken by what it is carrying, and the one who was fooled by it, is killed. And such is the case of deceitful speech – its companion continues to be deceived by it and thinks it will help him in obtaining his need, so he likes using it more and more until that becomes known from him, and his deception becomes clear to anyone who has intelligence, and the scholars discover that which used to be hidden from them. So when they become aware of this from him, and it becomes clear to them, they deny his reports and extripate his testification, and they doubt his truthfulness and they despise his kind and hate sitting with him and they withheld their secret thoughts from him and they conceal their speech from him and they turn away from him with their trusts. They remove their affair from him and they assess him accordingly to their religion and their way of life and they do not allow him to attend any of their gatherings and they do not trust him with any of their secrets and they do not appoint him as a judge concerning anything that happends between them. {Refer to Min Wasaaya us Salaf , page 79, Printed by SalafiPublications}

Regarding Allaah's statement (which means): The likeness [of the munaafiq] is as the likeness of one who kindled a fire; then, when it lighted all around him, Allâh took away their light and left them in darkness. So they could not see. They are deaf, dumb and blind, so they return not [to the Right Path].(al-Baqarah, ayah 17)

Qataadah (rahimahullaah) said: This is the likeness that Allaah has given of the Hypocrite (munaafiq); he says [I]laa ilaaha illallaah and with it marries into the Muslims, inherits from the Muslims, fights alongside the Muslims, and protects his blood and wealth. But when death comes, [the testimony of faith] has no basis in his heart, and no reality in his actions, so the munaafiq is stripped of it at death and left in darkness and blindness wondering therein, just as he was blind about the right of Allaah and obedience to Him in his worldly life and deaf to the truth. [Al-Tabaree, Al-Tafseer.]

It is reported that Al-Fudayl ibn 'Iyyaad (rahimahullaah) said: How will you be if you reach a time when you will see people who do not distinguish truth from falsehood, believer from unbeliever, trustworthy from treacherous, nor ignorant from knowledgeable, and neither recognize what is right nor censure what is wrong? [Ibn Battah, Al-Ibaanah Al-Kubraa 1:188.]

After reporting this narration, Imam Ibn Battah (d. 387H) said: To Allaah we belong and to Him we will return! We have reached that time, we have heard this and have come to know most of it and witnessed it. If a man to whom Allaah has bestowed sound reasoning looks and thinks carefully and ponders the matter of Islaam and its people and treads the rightly guided path as regards to them, it will become clear to him that most people have turned back on their heels, deviated from the correct path, and turned away from correct proof. Many people have started to like what they used to hate, allow what they used to forbid and recognize what they used to reject. And for sure – May Allaah have mercy on you – this is not the [right] character of the Muslims, nor the behaviour of those who have insight into this religion, and neither of those who believe in it and are certain about it.
Maalik ibn Deenaar (rahimahulalah) once said: Verily you are in greatly troubled times. Only one with true insight knows the times you live in. Verily you are in a time of [people] boasting and being proud. [1] Their tongues are swollen in their mouths, and they seek worldly gain through the deeds of the hereafter. So be warned against them for yourselves, lest they catch you in their nets. O scholar, you are a scholar yet you devour [wealth] with your knowledge. O scholar, you are a scholar yet you boast with your knowledge. O scholar, you are a scholar yet you seek to amass [wealth] with your knowledge. O scholar, you are a scholar yet you transgress [against others] with your knowledge. If you had truly sought this knowledge for Allaah, it would have been seen on you and in your deeds. [Abu Bakr Al-Aajurree, Kitaab Al-’Aalim Al-Jahil, article 73 et al.]

'Abdullaah ibn 'Abbaas (radiallaahu 'anhumma) said: O Muslims, how can you ask the People of the Book [about their scripture] when the Book of Allaah that was revealed to your Prophet – salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam – is the most recent news of Allaah; you recite it complete and unaltered? Allaah has informed you that they replaced what Allaah wrote and changed the Book with their hands and said 'This is from Allaah,' to purchase with it a measly price (al-Baqarah, ayah 79). Does not the knowledge that has come to you forbid you from asking them? By Allaah, we have not seen a single man among them asking you about what was revealed to you. [Al-Bukheeree, Al-Saheeh hadith 2685, Chapter on not asking the Polytheists for testimonies or anything else. He also records it in other chapters.]

Aboo Ishaaq [Al-Fazaaree] stated: The enemy was never able to stand up to the companions of Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), so when the news of the defeat of the Romans came to Heraclius at Antioch, he asked [his people], "Woe to you, tell me about these people who fight you, are they not humans like you?" They replied, "Indeed, they are." He asked, "So are you more in number or them?" They replied, "We outnumber them greatly in all places." He said, "So how is it that you are defeated whenever you meet them [in battle]?" A senior and esteemed elder amongst them replied, "Because they stand in prayer at night, fast during the day, fulfill their agreements and promises, enjoin what is right and forbid what is evil, they are fair and just amongst themselves; and because we drink wine, fornicate, commit sin, break our agreements, steal, oppress and do injustice, enjoin the committing of what angers Allaah, and forbid what pleases Allaah the Mighty and Majestic, and we cause evil and corruption in the land." Heraclius said, "You are the one who has told me the truth." Aboo Bakr Al-Daynooree, Al-Mujaalasah wa Jawaahir Al-'Ilm 4:91.

Ibn Jurayj said of the hypocrite: His actual deeds are different from what he publicizes, what he conceals is different from what he utters, his entrance and presence are not the same as his exit and absence.

Ibn Jarir narrated that Qatadah commented on the Ayah: ...So their commerce was profitless. And they were not guided (al-Baqarah, ayah 16): "By Allaah! I have seen them leaving guidance for deviation, leaving the Jama'ah (the community of the believers) for the sects, leaving safety for fear, and the Sunnah for innovation." [At-Tabaree 1:316]

Ad-Dahhak said that Ibn 'Abbaas (radiallaahu 'anhumma) mentioned the Ayah: And mix not truth with falsehood... (al-Baqarah, ayah 42) and said this means; "Do not mix the truth with falsehood, and the facts with lies."

Sources: Some of the above athaar were taken from the Abridgeed Version of Tafseer of Ibn Katheer, and SayingsoftheSalaf.net (http://sayingsofthesalaf.net/).

Maher.ibn.Ahmad.Attiyeh
07-12-2011, 10:35 PM
The Connection of Lying and Deceit to Hypocrisy, Kufr, and Bid'ah, and ultimately the Hellfire, via Proofs from the Scholars who followed/follow the Salaf:

Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) stated: As for the Sahaabah, it is not known that there was one who intentionally lied amongst them, and the praise is for Allaah, just as it was not known that there was one from amongst them who was from the well-known people of innovation, such as the Khawaarij, the Raafidah, the Qadariyyah, the Murji'ah, etc... It is not known that any of these deviant groups were amongst them (the Sahaabah). As for the Taabi'een, it is not known that anyone from the Taabi'een from the people of Makkah, Madeenah, ash-Shaam, al-Basrah intentionally lied. This is different from the Shee'ah. Indeed the matter of lying is something that is well known amongst them. Also this matter of lying has become known in the other groups after them. [Taken from Awjuhush Shabaha Baynal Yahood wan Nasaaraa wa Baynash Shee'ah, Shaykh Jamaal al-Furayhaan, pg. 9]

Shaikh al-'Uthaimeen (rahimahullaah) said:
And beware of lying with the people. Do not inform them with what opposes the reality, and do not treat them with what opposes the truth. Verily, it is not possible for a believer that he lies; because lying is from the characteristics of the hypocrites: ...and Allaah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed. (Al-Munafiqun, ayah 1). In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy), and Allaah has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies. (Al-Baqarah, ayah 10). It is only those who believe not in the ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah, who fabricate falsehood, and it is they who are liars. (an-Nahl, ayah 105). Indeed, it is not possible for a believer to lie because he believes in the verses.

[And the Messenger said:] Verily lying leads to corruption. And verily who believes in Allaah and believes in His Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallaam) believes in the saying of the Prophet: corruption leads to the hellfire. 'And the man does not cease to remain lying until he is written with Allaah as a liar.

What an awful destination for lying! What a bottom-rank of a liar!

Verily lying leads to immorality. And it is deviation from the straight path and then towards the hellfire - and woe be to the people of hellfire!

The liar is varmint because he is written with Allaah as a liar. And what an evil description it is for the one who is described as such. Verily the person is alienated when it is said to him amidst people: "O liar!" So how will he acknowledge that when he is written with his Creator as a liar?!

And how unfortunate is a liar in this life that he is not trusted upon with regards to his speech or dealings, and it is a position with which he is remembered in bad terms after his death. And for this reason, Allaah, the Most High, has coupled it [lying] with the worship of idols. So the Most-High said: ...so shun the abomination (worshipping) of idol, and shun lying speech (false statements) (al-Hajj, ayah 30).

[The Illustrious Luminance from Mosques' Sermons, pgs. 478-479] /quote]

Shaikh Rabee' bin Hadee al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah) said: Verily, lying in speech is the foundation of hypocrisy, and it is from the most detested and repulsive of characteristics. All the nations respected truthfulness, and detested lying and despised the liars. So strive to be with those who are truthful in their speech and their actions. And keep far away from lying and the liars, since it is from the characteristics of the lowest of mankind, and they are the hypocrites, as occurs in the hadeeth (http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/downloads/pdf/SCL100016.pdf).

Take a look at the hypocrites whose religion is based upon lies, and see how Allaah has exposed them and uncovered their defects. Allaah, The Most High, said: When the hypocrites come to you (O Muhammad), they say: "We bear witness that you are indeed the Messenger of Allaah." Allaah knows that you are indeed His Messenger, and Allaah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed. They have made their oaths a screen (for their hypocrisy). Thus they hinder (men) from the Path of Allaah. Verily, evil is what they used to do. (al-Munaafiqoon, ayat 1-2)

Shaykh Abdur Rahmaan bin Naasir as-Sa'dee (rahimahullaah) stated regarding the one who lies upon Allaah: "Allaah The Most High states that there's no one greater in sin/crime than the one who lies upon Allaah. That is by attributing to Allaah a statement or ruling which He, Ta'aala, is free from. Indeed this individual is the most oppressive of the creation. That is because in his action there is the lie and the changing of the religious affairs (the fundamentals and the branches). Also it includes attributing to Allaah that which is from the greatest of corruption." (From Fadlul-'Ilm wa Aadaabu Talabatihi, pg. 435-436)

The Imaam and Muhaddith (scholar of hadeeth) Shaykh Muqbil bin Haadi al-Waadi'ee (rahimahullaah) said: The pillars of Hizbiyyah are three: Lying (al-Kadhib); Deception (at-Tadlees); Fraudulence (al-Khidaa'). [Another time he mentioned:] Deceitful plotting (al-Makr).

'Ali ibn Harb Al-Mousulee said: Every innovator lies without thought.

Regarding Allaah's statement (which means): O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allaah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor. Allaah is a better protector to both (than you). So follow not the desires, lest you avoid justice; and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily Allaah is well aware of what you do. (An-Nisa`, ayah 135). Ibn Taymeeyah (rahimahullaah) said: It is said: to distort means to inform with lying, and to refuse means to conceal the truth. [Majmooul-Fataawa, vol: 28, pg. 7-26]

And concerning the statement of Imaam Fudayl Ibn 'Iyaad (rahimahullaah): If I see a man of innovation, it is as if I have seen a man from the hypocrites, Shaikh Saaleh al Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah) commented, saying (http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=9&Topic=5476&srow=41&erow=60): If you see a man from the people of innovations and desires - those in opposition to Ahlus Sunnah, it as if you have seen a man from the hypocrites - those who claim an apparent Islaam whilst they are disbelievers in secret, wishing to be deceitful. So the people of desires and bidah have a resemblance to the hypocrites, because they show an apparent Islaam, however they innovate and do not follow the Sunnah. This is a characteristic of the hypocrites.

This is why Shaikhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said:

Most of Ahlul Bid'ah are munaffiqoon (hypocrites) with Nifaaq al-akbar (major hypocrisy in belief)!

And, of course, the Salaf realized this, and it is reported from them that they said: I do not know which of these two blessings of Allaah upon me is greater: that Allaah (The Mighty and Majestic) guided me – out of all the religions - to Islaam, or that Allaah (The Mighty and Majestic) guided me – out of all the parties and groups – to the Sunnah. For they are two great blessings: Islaam and the Sunnah!

Shaikh Rabee' said: ...Some of the people today consider that the matter of hypocrisy as a reality has "ended." They suppose that hypocrisy was only in the time of the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), but as for the latter ages, then they are "free" from hypocrisy occurring within them. This is clearly from their obvious ignorance and foolishness, and we seek refuge in Allaah from that. As indeed, the most knowledgeable of people regarding the hypocrites was the companion Hudhaifa ibn al-Yamaan (radiallaahu 'anhu), and this companion who was the most knowledgeable of the hypocrites said: The hypocrisy today is worse and more evil than the hypocrisy in the time of the Messenger. They said, 'Why is that?' He said: Because at that time, the hypocrites strove to conceal their hypocrisy, but as for the people today, they manifest it openly.

["A LightHouse of Knowledge From a Guardian of the Sunnah," Pg. 241.)]

Hypocrisy with respect to beliefs is of six types. Aoodhubillaah! The list of these six types of Hypocrisy in belief (which is the more dangerous type of hypocrisy than the hypocrisy in action) can be found in Shaikh Al-Albanee's highly beneficial book Tawheed First, O Callers to Islaam.

Nifaaq in belief is of six types: [Any one of the [above six types] is major Nifaaq [Hypocrisy] - disbelief outside of the religion - and thus the Munaafiqeen (hypocrites) are in the lowest parts of the Fire.]
[1] Denying belief in the Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam).
[2] Denying part of what the Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) came with.
[3] Hating the Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam).
[4] Hating part of what the Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) came with.
[5] Pleasure in decline and diminishing of the Messenger's (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) Deen (religion), and
[6] Displeasure in victory and triumph for the Messenger's (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) Deen (religion).

The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: Once a man said, 'By Allaah! Allaah will not forgive so and so.' Thereupon Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, said, 'Who is he who swears upon me that I will not forgive so and so? I have forgiven so and so and have annulled all of your deeds. [At-Tirmidhee]

Al Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (rahimahullaah ta'aala) said:

All praise is for Allaah Who, in every age and interval between the Prophets, raises up a group from the people of knowledge who call the misguided to guidance, and patiently bear ill-treatment and harm. With the Book of Allaah, they give life to the dead, and by Allaah's light they give sight to the blind. How many are those [whose eeman] have been killed by Iblees whom they have helped give life to again? How many people astray and wandering have they guided? How beautiful their effect has been upon the people, and how vile people have been towards them.

They repel from the book of Allaah the alterations of those going beyond bounds, the false claims of the liars and the false interpretations of the ignorant ones - those who uphold the banner of innovation and let loose the trials and discords. Who differ about the Book, oppose the Book, and agree to oppose the Book. Those who speak about Allaah and His Book without knowledge, argue about what is ambiguous in the Book and deceive the ignorant with such ambiguities. We seek refuge in Allaah from the trials of the misguided ones." [From Imam Ahmad's introduction to his book "Ar-Rad 'alal Jahmiyyah waz-Zanaadiqah" (The Refutation upon the Jahmiyyah and the Heretics), pg. 2.]

Shaikh 'Abdur-Razzaq 'Abdul-Muhsin al-'Abbaad (hafidhahumullaah) said: The individual must have the characteristic of telling truth when he speaks. The believer is always truthful when he speaks. Lying does not know the believer, and the believer does not know it. He must continue to be protective of his truthfulness throughout his life until his truthfulness leads him to the Jannah, as comes in the hadith collected by Bukhaari and Muslim that the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: It is upon you to be truthful, be truthful, for indeed truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to the Jannah, and a person will continue to tell the truth and to be conscious about telling the truth until he will be written with Allaah as a siddiq – an extremely truthful person.

The Messenger of Allaah (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Indeed Allaah is Pure, and He does not accept, except that which is pure. Shaikh Saalih Al-Fawzaan commented on this hadeeth saying,

In this hadeeth he (salallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) described Allaah (Jalla-Wa-'alaa) that He (subhaanah) is Pure. He (subhaanah) is Pure, meaning; He is free from all imperfections and deficiencies. He is Pure in His Essence, in His Names and Attributes, and in His Commandments and Prohibitions. He (subhaanah) is Pure in every aspect, and imperfection cannot reach Him; and for that reason He does not accept actions, statements and intentions except that which is pure. He does not accept filthy statements, actions and intentions. He does not accept except the pure, as He (Ta-aalaa) said:

To Him ascend (all) the goodly words. (Faatir, ayah 10)

He (subhaanah) does not accept, except good speech and good actions... As for filthy speech, then indeed Allaah rejects and hates it; such as lies, backbiting, tale-carrying, abuse, false speech and false testimony and all filthy statements, (such as) shirk and kufr. All of this is filthy speech, and does not ascend to Allaah, and is not accepted. [Al Minhatu Ar-Rabbaaniyyah Fee Sharh Arba-een Nawawiyyah, pg. 133-134]

Shaikh Rabee' said: Allaah said in the Qur`an (what means): It is He Who has sent down to you (Muhammad) the Book (this Qur`an). In it are Verses that are entirely clear; they are the foundations of the Book; and others not entirely clear. So as for those in whose hearts there is a deviation (from the truth), they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof, seeking Al-Fitnah (polytheism and trials, etc.), and seeking for its hidden meanings. But none knows its hidden meanings save Allaah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord." And none receive admonition except men of understanding. (Aali 'Imran, ayah 7)

So Allaah clarifies in this verse the true condition of the people of deviance and desires, and that they intend for the Muslims evil and fitnah. This is because their intentions are not correct, and their hearts are sick, and they want the people to be affected by the same poisons that are affecting them. So due to this, it is wajib (obligatory) that they are warned against to the full extent of our ability.

Verily, Allaah has informed us in this verse [7th verse of Surat Alee-'Imran] that those in whose hearts there is deviance seek those verses that are not entirely clear because they want fitnah. They want people to have fitnah in the religion, so they go astray from Allaah's true religion and end up in the same state of innovation, misguidance, doubts and confusion that those innovators themselves are in. And we ask Allaah that He saves us and them from this evil path, and saves them from those things that can cause destruction. [Ameen.]

The Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) recited this [above] verse and then said: If you see those who seek the verses which are not entirely clear, then they are those whom Allaah has named, so beware of them.

So the people of deviance and desires seek to base their religion upon the verses that are not entirely clear. So the Prophet (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) meant it is wajib to warn the people from them, because they are astray and they lead the people astray. And this is how Ahlul Bid'ah are in every time and in every place, whatever type of bid'ah [they're upon]. You should never think of a bid'ah as something small or insignificant.

So ihsanu dhan, or having good thoughts, about the people of bid'ah and misguidance is in opposition to the manhaj of Allaah, The Most High. Rather it is necessary that we beware of them. So the Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "If you see those who seek the verses which are not entirely clear, then they are the ones whom Allaah has named, so beware of them." And the Messenger (salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) did not say "have good thoughts about them or make excuses for them.

In sha` Allaah, after reading these proofs of the evil of lying and its indisputable connection to hypocrisy, shirk, and bid'ah, and ultimately the hellfire, lying should be detested and abhored and disdained by the Muslim who hopes for and desires the face of Allaah, and begs Allaah for safety from the hellfire.