Part A
Ahadeeth Pertaining to Eemaan, Tawheed, Deen and Qadr

Taken from
Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

1- 920 - From Abu Shurayah al-Khuza’aee who said: The Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – came out to us and said:

‘Receive glad tidings, receive glad tidings; do you not testify that there is none worthy of worship in truth except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah?’

They said: ‘Yes.’

He said:

‘This Qur’aan is a rope, one end is in the Hand of Allaah and one end is in your hands, so hold on to it. Verily you will not ever be misguided or destroyed after it.’

No. 713

2- 923 - From Qutaylah bint Seefee al-Juhaneeyah who said: A learned man from amongst the people of the Book came to the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – and said:

‘O Muhammad, you would be a blessed people if only you did not commit Shirk!’

He said: ‘SubhanAllaah, how is that?’

He said: ‘You say, when you take a vow, ‘I swear by the Ka’ba.’’

Qutaylah said: The Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – waited for a while then said:

‘Indeed he has said so, so for the one who makes a vow then let him make a vow by saying: (wa Rabb al-Ka’ba) I swear by The Lord of the Ka’ba.’

The learned man then said:

‘O Muhammad you would be blessed people if it were not that you set up a partner with Allaah!’

The Messenger said: ‘SubhanAllaah and how is that?’

He answered: ‘You say, ‘Whatever Allaah wills and whatever you will.’’

Qutaylah said: The Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – waited for a while then said:

‘Indeed he has said so, so whoever says: ‘Whatever Allaah wills,’ then he should say along with it: ‘Then whatever you will.’’

No. 1166

3- 924 - From Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – said:

‘Keep away from the major sins, request from Allaah to be corrected -between neglect and extremism - and receive glad tidings.’

No. 885

4- 926 - From Hudayfah who said the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘Count for me everyone who pronounces Islaam.’

Hudayfah said: ‘We said: O Messenger of Allaah do you fear for us when we are between 600 and 700 people?’

Then the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – said:

‘You do not know that, perhaps, you will be tried.’

Hudayfah said:
‘We were tried so much that a man from amongst us could not pray except in secret.’

No. 246

5- 928 – From Ibn Abbas who said the Prophet - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam – was asked: Which of the religions is beloved to Allaah - Azza wa Jal?’

He answered: ‘The true forgiving religion.’

No. 881

6- 931 - From Abu Tameemah al-Hajmeemee, from a man from Blahjeem who said, ‘I asked:

‘O Messenger of Allaah! Who should I make Dua’ to?’

He said:

‘Call to Allaah Alone. If you were afflicted with harm and you supplicated to Him, He would relieve you of it. If you became lost in a desolate land and you supplicated to Him, He would return you to your place. If you were afflicted with drought and you supplicated to Him, He would produce vegetation.’

No. 420

7- 933 - From Abu Huraira –Radhiallaahu anhu- on the authority of the Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam:

‘If one of you improves his Islaam; then for every good action he does, it is written as equivalent to ten times its like up to 700 times. For every bad action he does, it is written as it is, until he meets Allaah -Azza wa Jal.’

No. 3959

8- 934 - From Abu ‘Izzah al-Uthaali who said: The Messenger of Allaah - sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam –said:

‘If Allaah intends to take the soul of a slave in a certain land, He makes a reason for His slave to go there.’

No.1221

9- 938 - From Abu Huraira who said: The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘When a slave of Allaah commits Zina, then Eemaan departs from him and it is like a shade. When he leaves that sin then his Eemaan returns to him.’

No. 509

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
01-24-2013, 06:15 AM
Part B

Taken from
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani as-Salafi

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

10- 939 - On the authority of Abu Umamah who said: A man asked: O Messenger of Allaah what is Eemaan?

The Messenger answered: If your good action pleases you and your bad action displeases you, then you are a believer.’

He asked: O Messenger of Allaah! What is sin?’

He answered: ‘If there is something that troubles your heart then leave it.’
No. 550

11- 941- On the authority of Imran bin Hussain, on the authority of the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said: ‘If a man calls his Muslim brother: ‘O kaafir!’ Then it is like killing him, and cursing a believer is like killing him.’
No. 3385

12- 943 – On the authority of Abu Huraira –Rahiallaahu anhu in a narration ascribed to the Prophet: ‘There are four things in my Ummah from the affairs of Jahileeyah which the people will not leave: wailing at a death, abusing lineage and the belief that a contagious disease is transferred by itself (and not by Allaah’s permission) to a mangy camel who infects one hundred camels; but who infected the first camel? Also, attributing rain to stars saying: It rained on us due to such and such a star.
No. 735

13- 944 – On the authority of Abu Maalik al-Ashaari in a narration ascribed to the Prophet: ‘There are four things in my Ummah from the matters of Jahileeyah which they will not leave: pride in ancestors, defaming lineage, requesting rain due to the stars and wailing at a death.’
No. 734

14- 945 – On the authority of al-Aswaad bin Sareea’ in a narration ascribed to the Prophet: ‘There will be four types of people on the Day of Judgement who will have a proof for themselves: A deaf person who cannot hear, a dumb person, a senile person and whoever dies without the Dawa’ of a Prophet having reached him.

As for a deaf person he will say: ‘O Lord! Islaam came and I could not hear anything.’ As for the dumb person he will say: ‘Islaam came and children would throw dung at me.’ As for the senile person he will say: ‘Islaam came and I was unintelligent.’ As for the person who died without the Dawa’ of a Prophet having reached him, he will say: ‘O Lord! Your Messenger did not come to me.’

So their covenant will be taken to obey Allaah, then a messenger will be sent to them telling them to enter the Hell-Fire.’

Then the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘I swear by Him in Whose Hand is my soul, if they had entered it, it would have become cool for them and not harmed them.’
No. 1434

15- 946 - On the authority of Anas that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said to a man: ‘Accept Islaam.’
He said: ‘I find myself disliking it.’
He answered: ‘Accept Islaam, even if you dislike it.’
No. 1454

16- 947 – On the authority of Hakeem bin Hizaam in a narration ascribed to the Prophet: ‘You have entered Islaam with the reward of the good actions you did before.’
No. 248

17- 948 – On the authority of Umar who said: We were with the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- in an expedition so we said: O Messenger of Allaah! The enemy has arrived and they are satisfied with food, but our people are hungry?!

The Ansaar said: Should we not slaughter our livestock and feed our people?

The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Whoever has any extra food then he should come with it.’

So the people began coming with measures of food, some more and some less. All that the army had was twenty-odd Saa’ (a unit of measure).

The Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- sat next to the food and supplicated for blessings then he said: ‘Take the food and be calm.’

So a man began taking food in his bag and his sack and they all began taking the food in their containers to the extent that a man would tie up the sleeves of his shirt and fill it up. Even after they had all taken their food, the food remained as it had been.

Then the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘I testify that there is none worthy of worship in truth except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah. No rightful slave of Allaah comes with this testification except that Allaah saves him from the heat of the Fire.’
No. 3221

18- 949 – From Abu-Darda, when death was approaching him he said: Shall I narrate a hadeeth to you which I heard from the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-?
I heard the Messenger of Allaah saying: ‘Worship Allaah as if you see Him, if you do not see Him, then know that He sees you.

Count yourself amongst the dead, be careful of the supplication of the oppressed since it is indeed answered. Whoever from amongst you can attend the two prayers, Isha and Fajr prayer even if you have to crawl, then you should do so.’
No.1474

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
01-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Part C

Taken from
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

19- 950 - On the authority of Abdullaah bin Umar who said: The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- took a hold of me and said:

‘Worship Allaah as if you see Him, and be in this world as if you are a stranger or a passer-by.’

No.1473

20- 951- On the authority of Mu’adh who said: I asked: O Messenger of Allaah, give me advice.
He said:

‘Worship Allaah as if you see Him, count yourself amongst the dead and remember Allaah at every rock and at every tree. If you commit a bad deed, then do a good one after it – a secret one with a secret one and an open one with an open one.’

No. 1475

21- 952 - On the authority of Abul Muntafiq who said: I came to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- at Arafat, I came so close to him that the neck of my riding beast touched the neck of his riding beast. I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, inform me of an action which will save me from the punishment of Allaah and enter me into His paradise.’

The Prophet answered:

‘Worship Allaah and do not associate anything with Him, pray the prescribed prayers, give the obligatory Zakaat, perform Hajj and Umrah.’

Ashhad (one of the narrators in the chain) said: ‘and I think he said: and fast Ramadan.’

‘Look at what you would love the people to do for you then do the same for them and at what you would dislike from them then do not do that to them.’

No. 1477

22- 953- On the authority of Shareed bin Suwayd ath-Thaqafee who said: I said: O Messenger of Allaah! Indeed my mother wanted me to free a slave on her behalf and I have a black slave girl from African lands (near the south of Sudan)?

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Call her.’

He asked her: ‘Who is your Lord?’

She answered: ‘Allaah.’

He said: ‘Who am I?’

She said: ‘The Messenger of Allaah.’

He said: ‘Free her, as she is a believer.’

No. 3161

23- 954 – On the authority of Maqal bin Yasaar in a narration ascribed to the Prophet - sall'Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam:

‘The best of Eemaan is patience and pardoning.’

No. 1495

24- 957 – On the authority of ‘Amr bin ‘Ubsaah in a narration ascribed to the Prophet- sall'Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam:

‘The best migration is migrating from what your Lord – Azza wa Jal – hates/dislikes.’

No. 553

25- 958 – On the authority of Fadalah bin Ubayd that he heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- say:

‘The person who is guided to Islaam is successful, he who has a sufficient means of living and is satisfied with that.’

No. 1506

26- 960 – On the authority of Abu Sakhr al-Uqayli who said, ‘A bedouin narrated to me saying: I took something to Madina to sell during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and when I finished selling I said: I will meet this man and I will hear from him.

I found myself walking between Abu Bakr and Umar, then I began to follow them in their tracks until they came across a Jewish man propagating the Torah by reading it.
He was consoling himself at the approach of his son’s death, who was a good and handsome boy.

The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘I ask you, for the sake of The One Who revealed the Torah, do you find my description and my affair in your book?’

He shook his head like this; i.e. ‘no.’

But his son said: Yes, by The One Who revealed the Torah! Indeed we definitely find your description and your arrival in our book. I testify that there is none worthy of worship in truth except Allaah and that you are the Messenger of Allaah.

The Messenger said:

‘Keep the Jews away from your brother.’

i.e. the son of the Jew, who accepted Islaam.

Then the Messenger took charge of the boy’s shrouding, perfumed his shroud and prayed over him.’

No. 3269

27- 962 – On the authority of Salamah bin Qais al-‘Ashja’ee, who said:

‘The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said in his farewell Hajj:

‘There are four matters of prime importance: that you do not associate anything with Allaah, that you do not kill a soul that Allaah has made sacred except with due right, that you do not commit illegal intercourse and you do not steal.’

Salamah said: There was none more zealous towards these than me, since I heard them from the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-.

No. 1759

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
02-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Part D

Taken from
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

28- 963 – On the authority of Saad bin ‘Abee Waqqas that he used to pray Isha in the Masjid of Allaah’s Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- then pray one Witr and would not increase on that Witr.

It was said to him, ‘Do you pray one Witr and not increase on that, O Abu Ishaq?’

He said: ‘Yes. Indeed I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- say: ‘Whoever does not go to sleep until he has prayed Witr is an intelligent person.’’
No. 2208

29- 970 – On the authority of Jabir that the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- ordered us with four things and prohibited us from five: 1- That if you lie down to sleep then close your door. 2- To cover your drinking vessels. 3- To cover your food containers and 4- To extinguish your lanterns. Indeed Shaytaan cannot open a closed door, open a drinking vessel or remove a cover and indeed a rat is an evil creature, it will cause a family’s house to be burnt down.

1- Do not eat with your left hand, 2-do not drink with your left hand, 3- do not walk with one shoe, 4- do not raise your garment onto your shoulders such that your private parts become exposed and 5- do not sit wearing a single garment whereby your private parts may become exposed.’
No. 2974

30- 972 - On the authority of ‘Aeysha that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Verily the Shaytaan will come to one of you and say: Who created you?

So you will say: Allaah.

Then he will say: Who created Allaah?
So if you find this happening to one of you then recite: ‘Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulihi.’ (I have believed in Allaah and His Messengers); saying this will cause that whispering to go away.’
No. 116

31-973 - On the authority of Huthayfah who said: The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed the severest thing I fear for you is a man who reads the Qur’aan so much so that you see light upon him and is strong in his Islaam but then he abandons Islaam, placing it behind him, because he attacks his neighbour with the sword and accuses him of committing Shirk.

I said: ‘O Prophet of Allaah! Which one is more deserving of Shirk, the accuser or the accused?

He answered: ‘The accuser.’
No. 3201

32- 975 - On the authority of Ka’ab bin Malik who said: When death was approaching Ka’ab, Umm Mubbashir bint al-Bara bin Ma’roor came to visit him and said: O Abu Abdur Rahman! If you meet my son, then give him my salaam.

He said: May Allaah forgive you O Umm Mubbashir! We are too preoccupied to think about that.

She said: O Abu Abdur Rahman did you not hear the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed the souls of the believers are inside green birds which are perched on the trees of Paradise.’

He said: ‘Of course I have.’

She said: ‘Then that is how it is.’
No. 995

33-976 - On the authority of Abdullaah bin Mas’ood from the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-: ‘Indeed Islaam began as something strange and it will return to being something strange as it was when it began and Toobaa, a tree in Paradise is for the strangers.’

It was asked: ‘Who are they O Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam?’

He said: ‘Those who rectify matters when the people have become corrupt.’
No. 1273

34 – 988 - On the authority of Abdullaah bin ‘Amr bin al-‘Aaas who said: The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed Eemaan is worn out inside one of you just like a Thawb (garment) is worn out, so ask Allaah to revive Eemaan in your hearts.’
No. 1585