09-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Part A Ahadeeth Pertaining to The Adhaan and the Prayer

Taken from
‘Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah’
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

1- 475- On the authority of Jareer who said: I came to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- while he was being given allegiance, so I said: O Messenger of Allaah! Give me your hand so I can give you my allegiance, make it conditional because you know best.

The Messenger said: ‘I take your allegiance that you will worship Allaah, establish the prayer, give the Zakah, give advice to the Muslims and separate from the Mushrik.
No. 636

2- 476 – On the authority of al-Mattlab bin Abdullaah bin Hantab, on the authority of Abdullaah bin ‘Amr who said the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- climbed the Mimbar and said: ‘I do not swear, I do not swear, I do not swear.’ Then he came down and said: ‘Have glad tidings, have glad tidings; verily whoever prays the five prayers and keeps away from the major sins enters into Paradise from any door he wishes.’

Al-Mattlab said: I heard a man ask Abdullaah bin ‘Amr did you hear the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- mention them? He said: ‘Yes, disobedience to parents, committing Shirk with Allaah, killing a human, falsely accusing a chaste woman, eating up the wealth of an orphan, retreating from a battle and eating up interest.’
No. 3451

3- 477 – On the authority of Abdullaah bin ‘Amr who said: We prayed the Maghrib prayer with the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam, some people left and some remained. The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- came quickly and his breathing had become rapid and his knees had become uncovered and he said: ‘Have glad tidings; your Lord has opened a door from the doors of Heaven, for which the Angels compete with you. Then Allaah says: Look at My slaves, they have just completed the obligatory prayer and they are waiting for the next one.’
No. 661

4- 479- On the authority of Abu Idrees al-Kholaani, who said: I was in a gathering of the Companions of the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and amongst them was Ubaadah bin as-Saamit. The Witr prayer was mentioned, some of them said that it was obligatory and some of them said it was Sunnah.

Ubaadah bin as-Saamit said: ‘As for me then I testify that I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- say: ‘Jibraeel – alayhi Sallam- came from Allaah – Tabaraka wa Ta’ala – and said: O Muhammad! Indeed Allaah – Azza wa Jal - has said to you: Verily I have made five prayers obligatory upon your Ummah; whoever fulfils them with its Wudu, its timing and Sujood (prostration) then he has made with it a contract with Me that I will enter him into Paradise due to it. Whoever meets Me and some of it is deficient - or a word similar to it – then he does not have a contract with Me, if I want I will punish him and if I want I will have mercy on him.
No. 842

5- 481 – On the authority of Abu ‘Amama who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- deliver a sermon in his farewell Hajj saying: ‘Fear Allaah your Lord, pray your five prayers, fast your month, pay the Zakah of your family and obey those in authority over you; you will enter the Paradise of your Lord.’
No. 867

6- 482 – On the authority of Anas who said the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- turned towards us to face us when we stood for the prayer before he said the Takbeer and said: ‘Complete the rows (and in another narration: [straighten, straighten] [come closer together]) indeed I see you behind my back like I see you in front of me.’
No. 3955

7- 485 – On the authority of ‘Aeysha on the authority of the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said: ‘Make a portion of your prayer in your homes, do not make your homes as graves just as the Jews and the Christians made their homes as graves. Indeed the house in which the Qur’aan is recited will be made apparent to the people of the Heaven just as the stars are made apparent to the people of the earth.’
No. 3112

8- 488 – On the authority of Samurah bin Jundub, that the Prophet of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Come to the remembrance (prayer) and come close to the Imaam, since a person will continue to be pushed back so much that he will be held back in Paradise even if he does enter it.’
No.365

9- 490 – On the authority of Talq bin ‘Alee who said: We set out as dignitaries to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam, six dignitaries, five from Bani Hanifa and a man from Bani Dabee’ah bin Rabia’tu. When we reached him, we gave our allegiance to him and prayed with him. We informed him that in our country we had a temple for worship and we requested from the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- the water which remained and fell from him after performing Wudu.

So the Prophet called for some water, made Wudu and gargled then poured it into the vessel and commanded us saying: ‘Go now, when you reach your country break your temple and sprinkle this water in its place and take it as a place of prayer (Masjid).

They said: Indeed the place is far away, the weather is severely hot and the water will dry up.

He answered: Pour some of this water into other water as it will not increase it except in goodness.’

As we were going, we argued as to who would carry the water container. So, the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- deputed between us, that every man from amongst us would carry it for a day and night. When we reached our country we broke our temple then sprinkled the water in its place, we took it as a Masjid and then called the Adhaan in that place. There was a monk who was a man from a place called Tee’ and when he heard the Adhaan he said: ‘This is a truthful call.’ Then he faced a stream from amongst our streams which ran from the top of the valley and we never saw him again.’
No. 2582/1430

Osama.Tariq
09-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Asalaamualikum,

Could someone please answer the following question:

Is the adhaan for travellers different like the adhaan for fajr? Could someone quote the source please?

Baraaka Allahu feekum,

Wa jazaka Allahu khiran.

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
09-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Part B Ahadeeth Pertaining to the Adhaan and the Prayer

Taken from
Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

10- 491 – On the authority of Sa’ad bin Abu Waqqas on the authority of the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said: ‘If you come to the prayer, come in a tranquil and calm state, pray what you catch and make up what you miss.’
No. 1198

11 – 496 – On the authority of Anas bin Malik who was informed that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘If the prayer has begun and one of you is fasting; then begin with dinner before the Maghrib prayer and do not be hasty with your dinner.’
No.3964

12- 498 – On the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘If the recitor says Ameen, then say Ameen, since the Angels say Ameen. So whoever’s saying of Ameen coincides with the Ameen of the Angels then he is forgiven for his previous sins.’
No. 1263

13- 503 – On the authority of Abu Huraira who said: the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘If a Muslim goes out to the Masjid, then with every step Allaah writes a good deed for him and He removes a bad deed from him due to that until he comes to his place.’
No.1063

14- 507 – On the authority of ‘Atta that he heard Ibn Zubair on the Mimbar saying: ‘If one of you enters the Masjid and the people are in Ruku (bowing); then you should make Ruku when you enter then move forward whilst in the Ruku position until you enter into the row since that is the Sunnah.’
No. 229

15- 512 – On the authority of Jubair bin Muttim that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘If one of you prays towards a Sutrah then come close to it so the Shaytaan cannot walk between you and it.’
No.1386

16- 513 – On the authority of Ismah bin Malik al-Khatmee in a narration ascribed to the Prophet: -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam: ‘If one of you prays the Jumu’ah prayer, then he should not pray anything after it until he has spoken or he leaves that place.’
No. 1329

17- 515 – On the authority of Ibn Umar who said: the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘If one of you prays then he should wear his Thawb (garment), since indeed Allaah has more right that you beautify for Him.’
No.1369

18 – 517 – On the authority of ar-Rabia bint Mu’awaadh that the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘If the people pray the funeral prayer and praise the deceased with good then the Lord – Azza wa Jal – says: I have accepted their testification about what they know and I forgive him that which they do not know.’
No.1364

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
10-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Part C Ahadeeth Pertaining to the Adhaan and the Prayer

Taken from
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

19- 524 – On the authority of Abu Huraira who said: the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘If the Imaam reads << not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray >> and says Ameen, then say Ameen since the Angels say Ameen to his supplication. So whoever says Ameen and it coincides with the Ameen of the Angels, he is forgiven his previous sins.’
No. 2534

20 – 527 - On the authority of Abu Ayoob al-Ansaari who said: A man came to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and said: ‘Advise me and make it concise.’

So the Messenger said: ‘When you stand to pray, then pray as if it is a farewell prayer. Do not say something for which you have to apologise tomorrow and do not have a want or hope for what other people have.
No. 401

21- 530 – On the authority of Ibn Umar who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- say: ‘If one of you feels sleepy in the masjid on the day of Jumu’ah, he should move from the place he was sitting to another place.’
No.468

22 – 535 – On the authority of ‘Uthmaan who said: ‘I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- say: ‘Do you not see that if one of you had a flowing river in front of your house and he washed from that river five times every day, would there remain any dirt on him?’

They said: ‘Not a thing.’

Then he said: ‘Verily prayers take away sins just like water takes away filth/dirt.’
No. 1614

23- 541 – On the authority of Makhool, on the authority of the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said: ‘Seek the response to a Dua’ at the time two armies clash, at the time when the obligatory prayer is about to be prayed and at the time of rain.’
No.1469

24- 542 – On the authority of Abu Umamah who said: ‘I came to the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and said: ‘Tell me something which I can devote myself to.’

The Messenger of Allaah said: ‘Know that you do not make a Sajda (prostration) to Allaah except that Allaah raises you a degree and erases a mistake from you due to it.’
No. 1488

25- 565 – On the authority of Abu Musa al-Ashaari who said : the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed Allaah sends the Days of the week on the Day of Judgement in their own form but He sends the Day of Jumu’ah like a lit up flower. Its people (i.e. the people who attend Jumu’ah) gather around it like the bride presented to her beloved, it lights up for them and they walk in its light. Their colour is like white snow, their fragrance starts to spread like musk, they enter into a mountain of camphor and Jinn and mankind will look at them. They (i.e. the people who attend Jumu’ah) continue to be awestruck until they enter into Paradise and no-one will mix with them except the Mu’athinoon (the callers to prayer) who hope for a reward from Allaah.’
No.706

26- 566 – On the authority of Jaabir bin Abdullaah that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed the best place where female camels are ridden to is my Masjid and the ancient House (Ka’aba).’
No. 1648

27- 568 – On the authority of Abu Huraira in a narration ascribed to the Prophet: -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam: ‘Indeed a man prays for sixty years and his prayer is not accepted, perhaps he completes his Ruku (bowing) but he does not complete his Sajood (prostration) or completes his Sajood (prostration) but does not complete his Ruku.’
No. 2535

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
10-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Part D
Ahadeeth Pertaining to the Adhaan and the Prayer

Taken from
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

28- 573-On the authority of Aasim bin Umar bin Qatadah on the authority of his father on the authority of his grandfather Qatadah bin Nu’maan who said:

It was a very dark and rainy night, so I said: ‘What if I could benefit on this night by attending the Isha prayer with the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-! Then I would definitely do so.’

When the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- went out, he saw me and he had a date-palm branch with a cluster of dates on it with which he was walking. So he said: ‘What are you doing, O Qatadah, here at this hour?’

I said: ‘I benefitted by attending the prayer with you O Messenger of Allaah.’

Then he gave me the date-palm branch with the cluster of dates on it and said: ‘Indeed the Shaytaan has gone behind you to your family, so take this date-palm branch and go, hold onto it until you reach your house, then take him behind your house and beat him with this.’

I left the Masjid, then the date-palm branch lit up like the light of a candle so I could see my way with it. When I came to my family I found them sleeping, I then looked in the corner of the room and saw a hedgehog so I continued to beat it with the date-palm branch until it left.
No .3036

29- 574- On the authority of Salim on the authority of Ibn Umar who said: I was a young single man at the time of the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and I would sleep in the masjid. Whoever amongst us saw a dream would narrate it to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam.

So I said ‘O Allaah if I have any good with You, let me see a dream which the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam will interpret for me.’

When I slept, I saw a dream that two Angels came and took me. They met another Angel who said: ‘Don’t fear,’ so they took me to the Hellfire and it was folded like the walls surround the inside of a well. It had people in there, some of whom I knew. They took a hold of me from my right side. When I awoke in the morning, I mentioned it to Hafsa.

Hafsa decided to narrate it to the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said: ‘Indeed Abdullaah is a righteous man if he would pray much in the night.’

Then Salim said: ‘So Abdullaah used to pray much in the night.’
No. 3533

30- 575 - On the authority of Abu al-Muneeb who said that Ibn Umar saw a young person who excessively prolonged the prayer, so he said: ‘Do any of you know this person?’ A man said: ‘I know him.’

So Ibn Umar said: As for me, if I knew him I would have ordered him with lots of Ruku (bowing) and Sujood (prostration) as I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- saying: ‘Indeed if a slave stands to pray then all his sins are brought and placed upon his shoulders, so every time he makes a Ruku or a Sajda, sins fall off him.’
No. 1398

31- 576 - On the authority of ‘Alee: the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- ordered us to use a Miswaak and he said: ‘Verily when a slave of Allaah stands to pray, an Angel comes to him and stands behind him listening to the Qur’aan and comes close to him. He continues to listen and comes closer until the Angel places his mouth on his mouth, so he does not recite a verse except that it enters the Angel.’
No.1213

32- 578 - On the authority of Abu Huraira from the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said: ‘Indeed the Masajid have Musalleen (those who pray there) and the Angels sit with them. If they are absent the Angels miss them, if they are sick the Angels visit them and if they are in need the Angels help them.’ Then the Messenger said: Those who sit in the Masjid are of three types: A brother from whom you can benefit, a wise statement or a mercy which is in wait.’
No. 3401

33- 579 - On the authority of Salman al-Farsi –Rahiallaahu anhu- who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed a Muslim prays and his sins are above his head. Every time he performs Sajdah (prostration) his sins fall away from him so when he has finished his prayer, his sins will have fallen away.’
No. 3402

34 - 582 On the authority of Abu Basrah al-Ghafaree who said: the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- led us in the Asr prayer in a place called al-Mukhamas and said: ‘Indeed this prayer was presented to those before you but they neglected it, so whoever consistently guards this prayer, then he will have his reward twice, and there is no prayer after it until the stars appear.’
No. 3549

35 - 583- On the authority of Anas that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed the Jews are envious of you due to your giving Salaam to each other and your saying Ameen after reciting Fatiha.’
No. 692

36 - 592- On the authority of Muadh bin Jabal who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- one day prayed a very long prayer. When he finished it we asked him: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, you lengthened the prayer today?’

He said: ‘Indeed I prayed the prayer with hope and fear. I asked Allaah -Azza wa Jal - three things for my Ummah, He gave me two and refused one. I asked Him that they not be overcome by an enemy from other than themselves, so He gave me this. I asked Him not to destroy them by drowning, so He gave me this. I asked Him that they do not war between themselves, but He refused it.’
No. 1724

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
12-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Part E
Ahadeeth Pertaining to The Adhaan and the Prayer

Taken from
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

37- 598 - From Anas from the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam:

‘The first thing that a slave of Allaah will be taken to account for on the Day of Judgement is the prayer. If it is in order then the rest of his actions will be in order and if it is corrupt then the rest of his actions will be corrupt.’

No. 1358

38- 606 - From Ibn Abbas who said:

‘Such is the Sunnah of Abul-Qaasim -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- that a traveller completes his prayer if he is led by a resident, otherwise he shortens his prayer.’

No. 2676

39- 610 - From Anas bin Malik from the Prophet: -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam:

‘There are three from whom the prayer will not be accepted, nor will it ascend to the sky, nor will it go above their heads: a man who leads a people in prayer and they dislike him, a man who leads the funeral prayer but he was not asked to and a woman whose husband calls her during the night but she refuses to come to him.’

No. 650

40-611- From Muhammad bin Isma’eel who said: It was said to Abdullaah bin Abu Hubayb –RadhiAllaahu anhu- Did you meet the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam?

He answered:

‘The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- came to us in our Masjid in Quba. I came, and I was a young boy, until I sat on his right-hand side and Abu Bakr sat on his left. Then he called for a drink and drank from it, he gave it to me, and I was on his right, so I drank from it then he stood and prayed and I saw him pray in his shoes.’

No. 2941

41- 614- From Abu Huraira that the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘There is an expiation of the sins from one Friday until the next as long as you do not commit major sins.’

No. 3623

42- 619 - From Abu Huraira who said the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- passed by a recently-dug grave and said:

‘Two brief Rakah, which you regard as insignificant, and optional prayer which will increase them – while pointing to the grave - in deeds are more beloved to him than the rest of your Dunya.’

No. 1388

43- 622- From Abu Huraira in a narration ascribed to the Prophet: -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam:

‘The nobility of a believer is his praying during the night and his honour is in being able to dispense with what is in the hands of the people.’

No. 1903

44- 625- From Ibn Umar who said: ‘A man came to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and said: O Messenger of Allaah! Give me a statement and make it concise. So the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said to him:

‘Pray your prayer, as if it is a farewell prayer, as though you see Allaah and if you cannot see Him, then know that He sees you. Renounce what is in the hands of people and you will live self-sufficiently and beware of that for which you have to make an excuse.’

No. 1914

45- 634- From Abu Huraira in a narration ascribed to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam:

‘Pray in a sheep pasture and stroke their backs because they are from the animals/beasts of Paradise.'

No. 1128

Abbas.Abu.Yahya
01-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Part F Ahadeeth Pertaining to The Adhaan and the Prayer

Taken from
of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya

46- 642 - From Umm Salamah from the Prophet: -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam:

‘The best of the Masajid for women are their houses.’

No. 1396

47 - 643 - From Abu Huraira who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘The prayer is of three parts of a third: purification is a third, Ruku is a third and Sujood is a third so whoever performs it correctly then it will be accepted from him and his other actions will be accepted and whoever has his prayer rejected then the rest of his actions will be rejected.’

No. 2537

48- 656 – From Abu Malik al-Ashjaaee, from his father, Tariq bin Asheem, who said:

‘If a person accepted Islaam the first thing we used to be taught was prayer,’ or he said: ‘Taught him the prayer.’

No. 3030

49- 661 - From al-Bara bin ‘Aazib:

‘If water was poured onto the Messenger’s -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- back when used to perform Ruku, it would stay on his back.’

No. 3331

50 - 697 - From Abdullaah bin Saib who said:

‘The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- used to pray four Rakah before the Zuhr prayer after Zawwal (when the sun is at its highest point) and would say: Indeed the doors of the heavens/sky are open then, so I love to present a good action at that time.’

No. 3404

51 - 701 – From Abu Huraira who said: The Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- used to teach us and say:

‘Do not compete with the Imaam in the Ruku and Sujood, if he makes Takbeer then make Takbeer, if he says: << Wa laddaalleen>> then say: ‘Ameen’ and if what he says coincides with what the Angels say, then his previous sins are forgiven. If the Imaam makes Ruku then make Ruku and if he says: ‘Sami’Allaahu liman Hamida’ then say: ‘Allaahumma Rabbana wa laka al-Hamd.’ Do not rise before him and if he makes Sajda, make Sajda.’

No. 3476

52- 728 - From Abdullaah bin Abu Qatada who said: My father came to visit while I was taking a Ghusl (bathing) for Friday. He asked was this Ghusl for Janaba (defilement) or for Jumu’ah (Friday)?

I said: for Janaba.

He said: Do another Ghusl. Indeed, I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- saying:

‘Whoever makes Ghusl on Friday will be upon purification until the next Friday.’

No. 2321

53 - 749 - From Abu Umamah al-Baahiliy who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said:

‘Whoever reads Ayaat-ul-Kursi at the end of every prayer; nothing comes between him and entering Paradise except death.’

No. 972